• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission won’t shift from 1st

spweddabutter

I have a 2009 m1097a2 that will only go in first gear and reverse. I jumped out the a e connection and no trans light. After opening up the control module box I found a black half moon part with green wires going to it that is cracked I am assuming this is the problem. What is this part called?

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WELCOME to the forum!!!
You have a PCS TCM, I am curious how they work, I have a PCS TCM on my 6L80 in the Detroit (M998)
Not sure what that part is, hopefully someone will jump in here, BTW your trans is in 2nd gear, called limp mode.

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are not getting a transmission light in the run position but not running ether the TCM is not getting its 12V switched power (most likely) or the trans LED is bad.

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i thonk your gearbox is not stuck in the 1th gear, i think it stucks in the 2td gear. I had the same.
No trans light and so on no option for blinking out the trans.

Watch directly behind your passanger seat. There is a switch/fuse you can press in again and it will feed your 12V gearbox ECU again.

AAVP7

The thing with the crack is an "EMI filter choke". If you look in the troubleshooting manual that was recommended above on page 138, the choke is in the schematic. Seems to be a filter between the 12 V relais and the "ignition feed" switched 12 V input to the TCM.

So in theory, if the crack also broke the few electronic components inside the filter, then the TCM wouldn´t get switched 12 V.

With the "ignition" switched on, check if you got 12 volts on wire 290C/291C. However, I would also check everything around the transmission circuit breaker behind the commander´s seat, and the 24/12V relais, that is adjacent to the circuit breaker.