• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transplanting the MultiFuel ?

kochevnik

Has anyone here transplanted a multi-fuel engine into another truck (or heard of it being done ?)

Would the engine/transmission combo have any unique features that would prevent it from being used in another vehicle ?

Anyone know the weight of the LDT/LDS engines ?

surewriting

from what I understand, its that its just so darn heavy, I suspect massive frame rail reinforcement, heavy-duty suspension, and an even heavier duty axle to take the weight (I think I remember someone on here a while back saying that the front axle is almost overloaded as it is with just the engine and transmission, I think they were talking about adding winches).

of course, take what I say with a grain of salt, since I dont have one of my own, and theres buckets and buckets of what i dont know about these trucks :-D

hopefully someone here who actually knows what theyre talking about will chime in

jwaller

there is no point in it. you can get dozens of other engines that weight a fraction of a multi and make double or triple the power and better fuel economy.

nhdiesel

I agree with the above post, with one exception: if you like to be different, or really want a particular design aspect of the multifuel (like the ability to adjust to a variety of fuels, and use whatever is on hand).

I've done things that don't make sense on the outside, but I had my own reasons. It makes for an interesting project.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks