• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transport from Long Island to upstate NY

pinzgauer pete

Wanted to know if anyone from the long island, NY, or CT area would consider towing a deuce I am in the process of buying from L.I. to upstate NY approx. a 80 mile trip? The deuce I am considering has transmission issues and must be towed. I have the proper military tow bars and will pay a reasonable rate. I am looking to move the vehicle this coming weekend...PM me if interested and you are within the vacinity of L.I. ....thanks

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm too far away from my deuce, located on my cousin's farm NW of you in Cochecton 12726 to help you. Otherwise I would!

Suggestion: Visit your local tractor repair shops. Many of them have lowboy trailers for moving equipment and they might be willing to assist you with your move.
Rick

pinzgauer pete

No...I have abandoned this deuce...its unfortunate since it was in excellent condition but the 2-3 synchros were toast when we arrived to transport the truck upstate. OH well you win some...you lose some:cry:

fasttruck

If you can get the truck cheap enough to offset the cost of transportation and you want to trailer it let me know. Remember there will be about $150.00 in tolls plus milage so this will not be real cheap a load to do: anything on Long Island is pricey because of the tolls.

pinzgauer pete

No this wont be a cheap deuce...owner payed a good chunk of change for it..and wants to recover his investment. It was definately a nice deuce no rust, no rot and engine runs like a raped ape. He told me it felt like the clutch was slipping when he rode the deuce so I figured a adjustment would get me home..I could always do a new clutch in an afternoon. We picked it up and paid the money then drove about 2 miles when we lost 2nd and 3rd gear. I wasnt going to attempt a 80 mile run in traffic with 2 gears so we went back. Owner was a straight shooter a real nice guy we tried to see if perhaps there was a simple solution and took off the shift cover needless to say all the forks were in place. He refunded my money but I left there sad because this deuce was everything I wanted but I couldnt find anyone that was willing to tow it out for me for reasonable money.:(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks