• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transporting an M1009

Does anyone know if a stock M1009 will fit on one of the dual axle car haulers from Uhaul? I have been looking for the measurements of the CUCV, I must not be using the correct key words.

eddiec

Well, if this helps any, i hauled mine from indianapolis to southern missouri in the back of my duece. It fits in there, just the tailgate wouldnt close all the way.

skywalker6582

I brought mine home on the smaller U-haul trailer. Would work even better on their larger trailer. They have a loop on the front that allows you to hook a come-along and rope or chain to winch the CUCV on if it won't start, and the staps fit over the stock size tires but with little room to spare.

CycleJay

Hi guys,

The M1009 dimensions are also on the data plate, located on the lower half of the
drivers door...

Look at the data plate for the measurements.

Good night....

INcountryboy

Got mine home on a UHaul trailer. Barely fit between the wheel wells but it fit. The front tire straps were also close as far as getting them closed was concerned. After we got it loaded, it was a really easy tow home.

skywalker6582

If it helps any, I was towing with a Ford Excursion on Tennessee back highways at ~55mph with no issues. But I tow 9500 lbs routinely so towing the 6500 lbs combined CUCV and Uhaul trailer was no big deal. With your Titan, my main concern would be weight. Even with the trailer surge brakes it might push you around with sway, etc. If you have the factory trailer package you will probably be OK. I know some of the Titans are prepped for at least 7500 lbs towing, maybe more.

INcountryboy

I went 250 miles. I made it towing with a 2001 GMC 1500. Definitely would've liked something bigger but I wasn't planning on towing home my M1009 that was listed as in running condition haha. Live and learn i guess.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks