• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transportion needed M923A2 from Indiana to Anchorage Alaska

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Looking to ship a M923A2 from Indiana to Anchorage Alaska. Request price to ship to see if it cost effective.
It wouldn't be honestly. Trucking you are looking at 2.10 a mile at the minimum. You may check port to port shipping but even then you are $2500 or more.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it was an A1 I'll bet simp would have drove it there for you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jericho

Driving is really the only cost effective way to go, Two routes 1. Ferry from Washington state, saves a lot of miles , is expensive, unloads in Whitter AK most likely on Alaska Railway ferry ( takes a few days depending on stops) . Or drive the ALCAN one can go from Anchorage to lower forty eight in a couple to three days with a fair amount of driving, taking your time , Mil trucks arnt that fast anyway Some people do it straight thru in an epic push. Its not the time of the year to do that , early nights, snow ect. in Summer its good daylight about 22 hrs , hate t think how much diesel you would burn, aint cheap in Canada. I would do the ferry myself, save a lot of miles, fuel and worry about breakdowns , worth it in the long run, When you hit Whittier you only 3 hours or so from Anchorage depending on traffic . Straight shot up the road, cant get lost!

Jericho

Driving is really the only cost effective way to go, Two routes 1. Ferry from Washington state, saves a lot of miles , is expensive, unloads in Whitter AK most likely on Alaska Railway ferry ( takes a few days depending on stops) . Or drive the ALCAN one can go from Anchorage to lower forty eight in a couple to three days with a fair amount of driving, taking your time , Mil trucks arnt that fast anyway Some people do it straight thru in an epic push. Its not the time of the year to do that , early nights, snow ect. in Summer its good daylight about 22 hrs , hate t think how much diesel you would burn, aint cheap in Canada. I would do the ferry myself, save a lot of miles, fuel and worry about breakdowns , worth it in the long run, When you hit Whittier you only 3 hours or so from Anchorage depending on traffic . Straight shot up the road, cant get lost!

snowtrac nome

if you can get it to seattle putting it on a boat, say like tote or sealand is the only way to get it north. these rigs aren't known for mpg not to mention wear and tear on your super singles if that is what you have for tires.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If it was an A1 I'll bet simp would have drove it there for you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not a truck i don't know. Regardless of what it is. I know what my truck is trustworthy of. As well as my recovery truck if mine goes down.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trust me, I have no doubt in your abilities or knowledge of these trucks.

Wouldn't that be a cool trip though?

I'm thinking two good trucks, one on tow-bar, both loaded down with fuel and provisions for roadside repairs.

Oh, and an air ride seat...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Trust me, I have no doubt in your abilities or knowledge of these trucks.

Wouldn't that be a cool trip though?

I'm thinking two good trucks, one on tow-bar, both loaded down with fuel and provisions for roadside repairs.

Oh, and an air ride seat...
No. Not this time of year. I would rather load it on my m322 and tow it over towbar. Towbaring has alot of resistance and is slow. About 500 miles a day is max daily range on a truck of equal size. I actually had to recover my primary 923 a few hours ago from 150miles east of memphis. Put it on the trailer behind my recovery truck. Blew the high range on the transfer case. I will have it up and going again by lunch time.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's at least 2 guys I know... names escape me, that have driven trucks from Bragg to Washington, and one continued on to Seattle. Shipping just isn't practical. This time of year, I think the recommendation is the "southern route" vs. fighting the weather on the northern portion of the US.

Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks