• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Travel Help MD to NC

Big Red Bull

Hello, I'm taking a big trip with my truck next Tuesday 300 miles from MD to NC. Will be travelling Rt 13 through the Bay Bridge tunnel, 64 to 168 to 158. Lookng for some people to call in case I break down. Will be towing a 30' 11,000lb trailer. Email address is heilb@yahoo.com or big_red_bull_08@yahoo.com if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Brad

While I would not presume to speak for someone else, I'm certain that the members that I personally know in NC, that live in the general Raleigh area near I-95, would not hesitate to help out if/when they heard of the need.

Big Red Bull

Thanks guys...I'm not anticipating any problems but just want to know I can give someone a call should I need to. I would say I've gotten all of the bugs out but i'd probably sound like a Newbie if I did HA... My only problem is I'm missing 2nd gear. But I do have a transmission following me down on Wed. so if I loose it I have a back-up. Just need to be close to Walmart if I do. Turned the box into a camper and have a gen on the trailer so I have food, drink, light, and heat. Just no tanks for the toilet and shower yet.

Brad

DieselBob

Hope you have a safe trouble free trip. I have seen you across from the outlets a few times and wondered who it was. I travel 50, 301, and 404 to Delaware a lot in my job.

Big Red Bull

Hey Bob, Thanks...You probably won't see me at the outlets anymore. Kids are gone moving to NC. Will be up for the big events though like Pirates and Wenches weekend in Rock Hall, Betterton Beach Days, QA Co fair, etc. but looking forward to setting up somewhere around Grave Digger on 158 to OBX from now on.

Brad

Now.that sounds like a man with a plan. Is this a one way trip? Perhaps moving to NC? Over the last 23 years, it has proven a great place to live. All 4 seasons, but not too much winter--unless you are in western NC. The CMVPA has a great bunch of guys, if you are.going to.stay.

Big Red Bull

You guys in Raleigh, look for me at the Texas Pete Cook-Off in June down at Salem. I'm not competeing, no money in that. But I'll be selling Pit Beef, Pulled Pork, Pit Ham, Ribs and a complete kids menu. Stop in and feed the family on me.

Brad

Big Red Bull

Hey Shovelheadmike...yup one-way...only coming back to MD for big events. Kids are gone family is in Grandy time to have fun. Don't have a place to set up yet but will be looking for a place on 158 or down at the beach. Pit Beef, Pulled pork, Pit Ham, Ribs, all kinds of sides and a complete kids menu too. Sorry though no beer! have to bring your own

Brad

Big Red Bull

Hey guy's...I decided to leave today since they were calling for bad weather tomorrow. Now I'm sitting 3-4 lights south oif the bay bridge tunnel. I was worried about the truck HA flawless so far...not so for the trailer though. Had a blowout!!!!! Anyyone know of a tire place here in VB that I can get a 16.5 load range B tire tomorrow? 2hrs. and I would have been there!!!! at least I got off of the bridge. Sleeping in the truck tonight....HA

wb1895

Wish I could help, But I am about 2 hours West of Raleigh NC. I am right on I-85.

When you get down here and settled you should come to the Uwharrie rally in April.

OldDominionIron2

Sorry I didn't get your message until 1500, how are you doing? Were you able to find a tire for your trailer? There are several walmarts in the area, and some tire shops in Va Beach.

Big Red Bull

Made it!!!! Truck ran flawless...blew a tire on the trailer just after I got off of the Bay Bridge Tunnel. Got a new tire and went on my way. Thanks guys, made the trip easier knowing somone had my back.

Brad

Big Red Bull

Yeah my family has been coming here for over 40yrs. While I am originally from MD my dad and I bought a place in Grandy quite a few years ago for a vacation spot. Decided it was time to move into it!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks