• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TreadWright Tires - Anyone run them here?

leeh725

Tires

Probably beating a dead horse on an old thread. But I've been running these tires for years now. The customer service was second to none. The tires are still running excellent. 32,500 miles on their mud tires and the tire has 11/32" tread depth left. For the quality and the money, I'm not certain why you would look elsewhere.

MichiganMudder

I run the treadwright guard dogs on my 94 silverado. Size 285/75/R16. They are excellent tires. Bought them with 182,000 on the truck, and now have 208,000. They were on my doorstep within 2 weeks of ordering them. They done extremely well in mud, snow, rain and on dry pavement. They also give out a nice rumble on the outside of the cab which adds a coolness factor. With the price of new tires, treadwright is a good alternative. If they're prices don't go up to much when im in need of tires again, i will definitely order from them again.

Wooh! My frist post! Been surfing this site for over a year, and cannot believe this is only my first post!

Skinny

I have run numerous sets of Treadwrights on my rigs over the years and will always question buying new tires. I currently run a set of 31" guard dogs on my 4Runner. You can see what they look like here:

95' 4Runner 5VZ IFS build - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com

I have a student running them on his Dodge 2500 and another teacher on his F350. The F350 had a bad tire which had a low spot across the tread causing an imbalance. They sent him another replacement for free, no questions asked. Very impressed with customer service and quality.

edpdx

I installed the Guard Dogs all around last fall. The guy at Les Schwabs pointed out that one of the tires had a hole in the sidewall. I called Treadwright and they asked me to send a picture of the hole. I did. three days later my replacement was here. It matched the BF A/Ts that they sent me earlier.

Everyone likes new tires, especially deep lugs on 4x4s. I get lots of compliments.

They seem a little louder, though I can still hear the stereo.

I love them as well. I have them on my 93 wrangler and my 06 Chevy dually. Excellent wear and great traction. I run the MTR pattern on both, forget what Tread Wright calls it.

edpdx

Treadwright Tires update. I just got back from the tirestore. Had to put two new goodrich tires on. The Guard Dogs were checking deep along the weld where it meets the old casing. Driver's rear had taken to leaking fast. Drove into Advance 90 minutes later and $355 poorer I had the tires replaced with new ones. The shame of it is that I kept the tires cleaned and aired and only had them off road briefly twice. The tread was still like 90%. tsk, tsk... bad dog.

Sounds like you should contact them. I have had 2 sets on my dually and my wrangler and have bad no problems with them. Seems like you may have had a bad batch or something. I love their tires and will run the. Anytime something I have needs new rubber.

barefootin

I've run them for years, 31" Wardens on the wifes Rover and 33" Guard Dogs on my K2500 and lifted Rover D1. I only run E rated tires on my trucks and SUV's, but I did have one Warden that developed a crack in the sidewall about 3 years in... I debated getting real BFG's to replace them when I found the crack, but (5) TW Wardens was the cost of (2.5) BFG's. I just bought TW's again figuring if I got 3 years out of this set I'd be happy... I just keep an eye on them. Walk arounds should be a habit even on a daily driver....

prairie

Treadwright Tires update. I just got back from the tirestore. Had to put two new goodrich tires on. The Guard Dogs were checking deep along the weld where it meets the old casing. Driver's rear had taken to leaking fast. Drove into Advance 90 minutes later and $355 poorer I had the tires replaced with new ones. The shame of it is that I kept the tires cleaned and aired and only had them off road briefly twice. The tread was still like 90%. tsk, tsk... bad dog.
I currently have four sets on various pickups and a medium duty truck, 16's, 17's, and 19.5's with absolutely no problems. These are on daily driver pickups, heavy hauling light duty 1 ton pickup and medium duty Ford F550 4x4 truck, and on road/off-road/farm use 3/4 & 1 Ton light duty pickups. Previously have had two sets with no problems. I will be buying more when needed!!!!

MarcusOReallyus

I just pulled the trigger on 4 of them. Bad news was they didn't have them available in the kedge grip, which I wanted. Oh, well, they should be good tires anyway.

I'm expecting them tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks