• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TRI AN/PRC-152 UHF VHF Radio , knock off of Harris Felcon III

FEARLESS1

Misc questions

Well the TRI AN/PRC-152 UV IPX7 works very well and as for the programing it's not bad I bought the hand Microhone for it and work just fine and they put a resistor on wire PIN A & E the blade antenna works very well as a test on vhf & uhf
as for the TRI AN/PRC-117G UV this radio is works very well and hard to get them due to high sales of them I just bought my 2nd one and waiting for it to be shipped out also I bought the VRC-103 Shock Mount to mount in my CUCV.
as for the TWO radios able to talk to each other well it gets the job done, also the AN/PRC-117G works with all of the Mil
accessories and tried it with every thing and all works with it.
So the TRI AN/PRC-117G is it my choice for all out comms as for the TRI AN/PRC-152-UV make shure you get options IPX7 and in the news on the prc-152 they are going to incorporate a GPS and updating it circuit board to be more like the 117 and alot easier to program it PRC-152 programming Cable it took awhile to get to work but the radio uses BAOJIE UV88 software and it is a PITA if you get a genuine TRI AN/PRC-152 UV IPX7 and the AN/PRC-117G UV these radios work very well one radio o bought through on a popular auction site that every one knows it and i wont buy from them again.
I went right to the distributor who sell them out right.
I gave all this info to Digitdust a few monts back and contact info how to be able to obtained them Directly.
Monda International is main Distributor for TRI for these Radios.
and PX Airsoft is also sell genuine TRI products.
When I Get some time to post some photos of both 117 & 152 next week.
Till Then
25U5O SGT C.E. Troutt out.
- Does the TRI AN/PRC-152 retain its settings and programming if the battery is detached from the radio?
- Will the TRI AN/PRC-152 work with MSA Sordin Supreme Pro Dual Comm MICH Headset 10053548 (with appropriate PTT cable)? Speaking of which, which RS PTT best to interface between the radio and the MSA Sordin Supreme?
- Does the quality of the TRI AN/PRC-152 appear to offer many years of reliable use?
- How good is TRI's support of the AN/PRC-152 in terms of firmware upgrades and for also for repair/replacement for product failure under warranty? How good is TRI support for repair in the event of breakage?
- Who is "best" vendor to purchase the TRI AN/PRC-152 from?

Thanks,
F1

Last edited:

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes it does as for firmware up dates it's not prevalent at this time but it can be rewritten in the firmware it is software defined radio.

Last edited:

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The radio is better suited for an up graded firmware
And waveform program. As For frequency the version sent to the USA is like any other radio it just need to be wiped clean and reprogram and it works fine we use the radios for training and suitable if they are broken instead of a real Harris AN/PRC-152.
As for eather of TRI PRC 152 OR THE PRC 117G THEY ARE RADIOS BUILT FOR Airsoft gamer the components in side are made by in china and like any thing else you buyer be ware just make sure you get a true Triumph instruments Radio it has a trademark on the back of the radio in the case that says it's made by TRI.

Last edited:

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes they are. It only what you want and what you expect from a radio.
I can say one thing the PRC-117G will last at least 5 day on Cross Band repeat mode and 10 left on normal usage as dual band on Battery power it will push High- VHF 20W on UHF 15W. Low 10W VHF and UHF 7.5W
and plug in on power supply on docking mount it will go high 50W VHF on UHF 40W and low 25W VHF and UHF 20W.
I can hit a repeater 30 miles away from my home on BLADE antenna on VHF and UHF is about the same.

Amount of money to have spent it's only money and you can have fun doing it LOL.
buy and old military truck is cool buy a radio that is a copy of the real thing it is way more COOL Yaaaaa Hummmm.

Actual

Anyone here have the TRI PRC117? and can give some input information on how the quality is? sound quality? and the TRI PRC 152

mm58

I would love to have one of these -117 rigs for my MV, but it's way overpriced IMO, and it definitely seems to use the same chipset as the Wouxun/Baofang handhelds. I have both of those radios and their menus/memory functions can be frustrating to navigate through. I was kinda disappointed to see that. And I haven't seen any spec on RF power output.
I'm also curious how long it takes to get one. The order site says they are on round 2 of "pre-orders".

Last edited:

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No they dont have a chipset like baofeng or wouxun.
They are on their own programming software. I use my TRI PRC-117G all the time and for the money its worth the money to be a owner of one and they sell fast.
I dont know what site where you are trying to get them from but watch out for scammer site I buy them direct from the mfg and have them insured so I can have a pice of mind. Also do you have your amateur radio lic?
I my self only sell the 117 to a lic amateur radio operator because this radio is experimental class and SDR Chipset software defined radio.
the programming software is locked for dealer programming only they half to do burn in processing for USA North America.
Version and the PRC152 HT are the same I built my own programming cable and software from the MFG that was hard to get the one that they allow is only 2 meter 70 cm ham for usa
when the software was sent out to my it was to process the radio like it has not been through burn in process so I was able to make it more stable for usa amature use.
if someone buy one and runs on gmrs they must have a LIC to run gmrs frequency. 152vu 4.5 5.5 watt and 117g power
Because of the power output on low on battery pack it 13 watt uhf & vhf is 26 watts hight power and low is 15 vhf and uhf 8 watts.
plug into power source and a different ball park I get almost 60 watts vhf on high power and uhf around 50 watts low vhf 30 and uhf is 25 watts.
It does cross band repeated so put on to hill top and use for retrans it works very well.
it worth the money it has a lot more features to come on some of the future model to come.

mm58

cjtroutt, are you an importer of these radios? Are you in the USA? If yes, and you sell the 117, what is your retail price and availability?

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I live in us.
I am working to get more in the future.
Price is still on the fence and I have found some copy cats of TRI and some are clone and I only buy from the Mfj.

mm58

cjtroutt... are you the US rep for Monda Int'l? Are you an exclusive importer for these radios? What do you mean by "price is still on the fence"?

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My friend works for that Company.
He cool.
As for dealer their are some kinks to work out.
By the way do you have your ham Lic?
Shipping cost are a lot with insurance.
What was dollar amount you were quoted.
Please reply by PM ME.
NOT in open fourm we dont need to brake rules.

Last edited:

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No it does not this radio is a civilian version or copy cat to look cool but you can work satellites uplink and downlink through the 2 meter or 70 centimeter band.
But it will RX TX in amateur radio bands. e.g. ect.

laythrom

Has anyone found any information regarding programming and the programming cable for the TRI AN/PRC-152 UV? I'm really hoping that there is an 'easier' way to program this thing.

mm58

You might try CHIRP. It's a free downloadable programming software. I suspect you would select one of the Baofeng radios in the program, as the TRI radios appear to use the same or similar chipset.

papakb

The US Government has decided that citizens aren't supposed to have military radios and have started shredding them instead of selling them. The only thing that might become available is excess from manufacturers samples but finding them is nearly impossible unless you know someone.

Kurt
KG6KMJ

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks