• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trico Wiper

M37-1952

If they only go to one side and stop, they are gummed up inside. A hint that I got off the Bronco forum was that in the 50's and 60's, they would dunk the motor in kerosene and pull it thru using the vacuum. Take off the front cover. Under it is the vacuum switching valve. The valve has two rods with felt cirlces on them .As the motor runs,squirt ATF on the air intake around the rods. It will suck in the ATF and clean and lube the paddle inside. Worked for me.

Mark

M37-1952

Jay,
If you want to improve on the action of the wipers, you can add a vacuum can. On the M-37, the vacuum comes from the manifold thru the double stage fuel-vac pump to the wipers. If you are missing the fuel pump or running an electric pump the vacuum will vary depending on throttle position. Remember that the vacuum takeoff is below the throttle,so if the throttle is closed, like at idle or steady speed, the vacuum will be high. As you push on the throttle to climb a hill or go faster, vacuum drops. What I plan to do is install a can and T it in the line behind the glove box. I also will install a check valve to prevent the maniford from letting air in under low vacuum conditions. Look on e-bay for a Trico vacuum can or make one by putting one small hole in the top of a 2qt. juice can and a larger one on the bottom. Wash out the juice and solder or epoxy the top hole. Glue or solder a 1/4 inch fitting on the bottom, paint black, and it will look like a Ford vacuum can.

Mark

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
yeah , im running all original parts, so i know the hill climb on the way home yesterday they slowed in the snow storm. Thanks for the help on this , im going to try it today

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks