• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trip from Maryland to New Jersey

jrodjared

Hey guys,

I am moving mah Deuce this weekend from Maryland to NJ. I'm going to be attending the monthly breakfast meet up prior to the trip. It's about a 45 min drive to there for me, I figure that will be a good warmup test to see if she is running OK. From there I'm going to try the trip and wanted to post my route to see who might be along the way I could call on if I run in to any trouble. I'll have a chase vehicle as well. It's a GTI, not capable of towing much so if I break down it would be cool to know where the MV people are!

From Eldersburg MD I am going to go East on 70 to 695. I'll pick up 83N and hit 81N in Harrisburg. Then 84 East right to the tip on NJ where I will get off the interstate and take local RT23 into Vernon NJ. Planning on leaving MD at 1200 and get to NJ around 1800-1900.

If anyone needs anything transported, bring it to the breakfast and we can load it up.

That's the plan. Looks like snow, which stinks. And I have no heat. Awesome. Fingers crossed! If you are along the route and don't mind sharing your contact info with me and keeping your phone handy on Saturday, I would be forever grateful. Thanks everyone!

jrodjared

Made it no major problems. Weather got a little crazy, windshield wipers were terrible, and a small problem with the clutch towards the end. Slipping like crazy! I'm wondering if oil somehow got in there, the truck hass too few miles on it to have worn out. I'll do some more investigating in the morning. Thanks to everyone who PM'd me. fat lady sings

rickf

Sorry, I just saw the thread. I am in Jersey but too far east to be of any real help. I don't have a deuce but I have a driveway and air, torches, welders and tools.

Rick

RodUSMC1962

When my buddie and I brought our first duece home from Minn. to Indiana we did have a heater but had a terrible time keeping winshield clea:beer:r of ice and snow. The original old militry wipers are terrible.