• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trip Home From East Central Oklahoma

Welder Sam

Today i have purchased my 2nd deuce. Its ugly but runs like a scalded cat. Ive got nearly everything that i could think of, short of items available easily. So tomorrow, ill begin my 350 mile trip home. So yall please keep us in your prayers for a safe and uneventful trip. This time of year is really pretty.
nopics
theyre coming tomorrow. Monday at the lastest. Im sure my wife will want to break in her new camera.

Welder Sam

Good idear.

Gonna crash for the night somewhere near Tecumseh, Ok.
In the morning, i plan to take ok hwy 9 due east to us271
Us271 to Ft. SMITH US? HWY 71
Hwy 71 south to Old Jenny Lind, Hwy 10
Old Jenny Lind, hwy 10 east to Perry
Perry to Conway
Conway to Beebe
Beebe south to Lonoke
Lonoke to home!
AHHH HOME!! Seems so far away

Last edited:

ARYankee

Man... I'm sorry I didn't get to PM Tom..... I got in this afternoon from deer hunting and watched my Niners whoop the Giants..... Then I got on here. Good luck!!!

Welder Sam

Thanks yall! Tj, no worries bro.

ITS HOME!!! Just shut it down. Got a pin hole in the the top radiator tank. Its in a dent. Could be weak right there frm internal rot but... its ok for now.

It doesnt sound near as good as the 109 but it goes just as good and faster. The 109 makes it look tiny. Oh.... and.... it sure is an ugly bastard!
:beer::beer::beer:
Pics tomorrow, maybe tuesday. Wife works tomorrow. My ass hurts. Tj, i like the box seat better too. Now to find somebody to swap the spring seat with!!

Last edited:

ARYankee

Well where are the pictures????? I told you that the box seat was far better. I just like having that secure feeling under my butt plus it doesn't throw you around as much :)

Welder Sam

sorry buddy. amy is working. i have one on myphone that i can send ya. got me a new radiator coming. speedometer quit on me about 50 miles into the trip. got a new one ready. basically all of the gauges are crap. oh and!!! i have my first flat. seems as tho i ran over a screw as i parked it lastnight. need 2 screws for the panel lights. i hate to rob the 109 just yet....... hope my robo impact will come in soon.

in or on the truck i got-
gun ring legs (no use for)
comp troop seats
wood troop seats(may cut up for seats across bed front)
metal uprights and bows (undecided use)

Welder Sam

thank ya thank ya! im to dumb to figure it out i guess. ima get it one of these days!

i replaced a dash bulb, cleaned the red filter caps, and installed new cap gaskets lastnight. got my flat fixed today so im almost ready to :driver:. need to get my new radiator home and installed too

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks