• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trip to Barstow to pickup a M932A2

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Castle Bravo and I headed out to pickup my M932A2 from Barstow on Sunday afternoon. We got to Barstow about 2000 hrs.
On Monday we got to the Barstow gate about 0700 and to GL about 0710. Signed in and was told to go over to the dirt lot and wait for the GL guy.
Got to the truck and did some quick checks then started it and moved it outside the lot so we could do our regular checks.
One axle was a little low on gear oil and the turn signals did not work. The flasher unit had a loose ground bolt. Put a little gear oil in and said we are good to go, so we headed out about 0830.
Got back to my house about 1700hrs. Oh, did I say it was 114 degrees in the CA and AZ desert!!!
Here are some pics of the truck, it is very nice and was rebuilt in Nov. of 2011.
Also all the BII was in the locked tool box.

A very big thanks to Castle Bravo for his help!!

Attachments

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What was the lot number? I previewed a bunch of them last week on Thursday.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had fun despite the heat. Army trucks are always fun. I think I have more time in other people's M939 trucks than I do my own. :beer:

groundog

best looking truck yet---glad you had a good road trip-----the heat was bad---thanks for the pictures----that hill looks familiar----

agentsteel

Great find and love those photos. Congratulations on your successful trip there and back. I went to Barstow last month, about a day before it hit 100 degrees. Picked up a FAWPSS, appears to be unused, complete and was ready for oversea shipment. Guess that was luck? I'm considering purchasing a military truck in the near future and was wondering on the dual axel vehicles, do you need a commercial drivers licence? If so what endorsements would I need?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great find and love those photos. Congratulations on your successful trip there and back. I went to Barstow last month, about a day before it hit 100 degrees. Picked up a FAWPSS, appears to be unused, complete and was ready for oversea shipment. Guess that was luck? I'm considering purchasing a military truck in the near future and was wondering on the dual axel vehicles, do you need a commercial drivers licence? If so what endorsements would I need?
I do not know about Utah's laws, but in AZ if the GVWR is over 26000 and you have a Histroic plate you do not need a CDL to drive it.
In most states a M35A2 (2.5 ton) is less then 26000 GVWR so you do not need one anyway. A 5 ton is over 26000 lbs.