• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trip to Howards

Hookin1

Okay,Eddiec and I went to Howards to get parts.getting a little slim,on easy takeoff truck parts.Spent all day wandering around and getting parts.Took some pictures,still did'nt get pictures of the whole place :( .
Also took pictures of my fender after a run in with a tree branch :cry: .We plan on another trip soon,and getting a whole bunch of pics.This time we where running against the clock,especially since the run in with the tree.So enjoy.

Attachments

Desert Rat

I guess the weeds are getting a little bit taller this year too. Ken and I are planning a trip up there early next year before the weeds start growing again.

Wyattearp

I to plan on going back to Howards at the time i was pressed for time and did not have the luxury of taking pics but i was right there amongst all those little treasures that are hiding in the weeds.... Neat place, i encourage guys to take a trip to howards, i hope to get back up there shortly after next spring, maybe Ft. Campbell will drop off some more goodies....

Wyattearp

ouch on the fender, its hard to drive through there and look at everything, its safer to walk LOL... to many distractions...

Ugg013

Mike:

I just re-read Hookins post and looked at the pictures. Howard told me specificly he didn't have any deuce parts left as I had asked about a hard top, some other deuce parts and WC parts. Oh, and that was a week ago Saturday. I kinda lose days from time to time. :oops:

Later, Again
Ugg 8)

Wyattearp

if im not mistaken DR snagged the last hard top he had earlier in the year... And when i was there, there were plenty of side glasses and mechanisms for driver and passenger side, im not familiar with the years but the one i took the drivers side door glass out of had a huge star on the hood, along with the composite front fender lights attached... there are several glad hands there also with the pipping, not sure about air tanks as i wasn't in need of an air tank... its a great place worth checking out for those hard to find odds and ends.
Just wished it were closer but the drive out was priceless back in June

mangus580

Ugg, talkin with Hookin last night, he was saying that Howard is starting to have a memroy problem. He says if you really want to find out what is there, talk to Buddy.

Ugg013

Mike:

Thanks, but my main interest was a (hard) top, but since Howard told me what he did, I went with the Beachwood top. I can relate to memory issues. :?

Later
Ugg 8)

Wyattearp

I can concur on that, when i was out in June, Howard had suffered a severe stroke and was bed ridden at that time and his son Buddy is the one you need to talk with, Buddy said he was still finding and wondering upon stuff that his dad has that he didn't even know was there until recently... like i said the best way is to go there and look around but if you really want to see most of it, expect to spend a week or two day in and day out, to much stuff to see and inspect for parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks