• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trip to Spencer's

Boatcarpenter

A Deuce load of Thank You to Towerguy1. Knowing that I wanted a dropside bed after our trip to Lewiston, he very kindly gave me first dibs on a dropside bed that he and Carguy had found at Spencers boonyard( that's a boneyard in the boonies). It is in very good condition, complete with all troop seats etc. Needs a little light rust work on the underside and a couple of other little repairs but generally usable as is. Went to look Sun.,bought it, and with Mikes great rigging abilities and mostly his equipment, we got it out of where it was and onto a trailer and back to his house. I spent 9+ hours on the road for it but well worth the $300 price :D Thanks Towerguy1.

Attachments

carguy455

GUT !

You would think that first pic would be enough to convince TowerguyMike to goto Golds Gym with me now wouldnt you ? But NOOOOOO......

Amazing as hard as that guy works that he doesnt loose weight....notice how I manage to stay OUT of all the junkyard shots ?? Nobody needs to see my "physique".....lol :)

That was an awsome bed and a great score for $300 ! :D

Towerguy1

Lots of fun digging that one out without damageing it!! But no problem. Gary will be happy to know im firmly on the "See Food Diet" 8) Im returning soon for the pipeline truck, yet another exciteing recovery no doubt!!

carguy455

Yep !

Yes looks like this will be a "Spencers weekend" for sure, I'm going there Saturday [ that is if Dave still speaks to me after I smarted off at his lazy kid on the phone, kid wouldnt take the phone to him..too much work, so I grossed on him a bit...my bad ] my trip is about antique car parts mostly but need to firm up the M37 deal , but SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY ! Its PIPELINE TRUCK SUNDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come watch Mike bust a nut and Gary get a hernia !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thrills, Chills, and Spills !! :)

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too bad you guys are so far away, I live for the recovery of old MVs. Have wrecker, would travel if truck was road ready! I wanna know more about the pipeline truck since I just chopped one to pieces.

devilman96

Ken what do you have to do to that wrecker of yours? Better question... What are you doing tomorrow? I need to come get those u bolts and plates from ya.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be home all day. Fooling in the yard AM, childcare PM. PM me if you're coming this way and I'll give you some directions.

Boatcarpenter

Second leg of journey

Sun. AM left Marlborough NH at 0400 hours with trailer. 0645 picked up Patch at the Park and Ride off the MaineTturnpike in Saco Me. Got to Mike's at 0930. Closer inspection of the new pipeline truck and his Deuce for a while and then with his winch on the back of the tractor transfered my dropside from one trailer to the other. Checked out his worldwide Comm. center and then were treated to lunch of clam chowder and grilled cheese then on the road again. Truck carrying 3 Hummers flew by us so we had to catch up and hold 75+ for a while so Patch could get some pics then backed of and let him go. Dropped Patch off around 1600 or so then to my friend Ethans' house to unload bed. Hauled it off myself with tractor, returned trailer to my roofer friend down the street and home at 2030. Much thanks to Mike again for all his help and to Patch for company and his help.I can now put faces to two steelsoldiers members.
As usual, pictures are in wrong order!

Attachments

carguy455

Great pics ! Those look like some fresh rebuilds from the former Loring AFB center, probably going south to be shiped out to our boys overseas.

Boatcarpenter

I'm not sure if you can see in the posted pics, but in the full size originals, the front is stenciled TP20 and the rear TP25. Not sure what that means in terms of CTIS or not, but those pressures seem like sandy terrain pressures to me.

MotorDaddy

Sorry guys. HMMWVs don't come with CTIS. CTIS can be added latter as an Modification Work Order. I've only seen one HMMWV with CTIS installed and it was probably Spl Ops toy. Most of us don't have time to fool with that stuff (you should see what a headache it is on the M939 series and the M35A3s). TP 22/25 is standard tire pressure. The 37x12.5/16.5 is a big tire, doesn't need much pressure to hold it up (although we do increase it substantially with armor 1500lbs)

carguy455

As posted on other posts , David M. Spencer of Spencer's Salvage passed away July 1st , yard and contents are to be auctioned off in one lot, not individual. Will post more as we find them out. R.I.P. David , gonna miss you. :cry:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks