• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Troop Carrier Wood Slats M998

chazd1

I am looking for advice and parts for the wood slats on my troop carrier benches. Some are rotten and need to be replaced. Some are in fine condition.

After planning down a piece it appears to be white oak. It looks pretty straightforward to make my own replacement slats. Before I make make my own is there a source for good used, OEM or good aftermarket slats available? Any paint information would also be appreciated if I make my own.

I am looking to keep this machine as original as practical.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These troop seats are plentiful and practically worthless, that said, shipping long pieces of wood will cost more than what it will cost to have a local mill plane some for you. Same CARC paint on them as the rest of the truck. Or your favorite CARC substitute.

williamh

I thought
These troop seats are plentiful and practically worthless, that said, shipping long pieces of wood will cost more than what it will cost to have a local mill plane some for you. Same CARC paint on them as the rest of the truck. Or your favorite CARC substitute.
I thought they were all fiberglass on the funvee. 🤔

the only wood ones were on my m35 or older trailers

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ones on my troop seats are fiberglass. Definitely NOT wood. They are moulded in a way that there are channels for the fasteners to hold.

But as someone said, the troop seats are one of those things, either you want or you don't. And it seems more people don't want them, so you may be able to find a full set, or at least parts cheap.

My seats came from a dealer in New Orleans (forget the name offhand). They were new and crated... and plentiful.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks