• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Troop Seat Question

cavetech

My M1078 has troop seats in the back bed. They seem to be thin fiberglass. I've seen pictures showing the troop seats folded up, I guess for more cargo room.

How do you get the seats to stay folded up?

troop seats 1.jpg

troop seats 2.jpg

Thanks, Steve

cavetech

So that's what those things are for! I found the H blocks in my truck bed, but had no idea what they were for. I almost threw them out thinking they were junk left in the truck.

My H blocks don't have bungees or clips. Where can I buy them?

How are they used?

Thanks, Steve

cjacksoncpa

Steve,
Here is how I used them. Fold up one troop seat. Take the Long ends that are equal length and slide it on to the bottom of the backrest with the shorter end facing you. Then slide the H block between the folded seat and the backrest.
I am actually looking for two and rubberized stretch cord. I will let you know if I find a source and you do the same.

sargentwolf

I didn't have the clips on mine so I just fold the seats DOWN flush with the sides when I need the room. Makes opening the side panels a pain, but eh, it's free.

cavetech

Steve,
Here is how I used them. Fold up one troop seat. Take the Long ends that are equal length and slide it on to the bottom of the backrest with the shorter end facing you. Then slide the H block between the folded seat and the backrest.
I am actually looking for two and rubberized stretch cord. I will let you know if I find a source and you do the same.
I'll be darned. It worked! I never would have figured that out. Thank you.

But I can't figure out how the bungee is used. Under my troop seats there is a place with a screw of some sort. It looks like a strap or something was there, but they have all been cut off or removed.

troop seat clip.jpg

Steve

cjacksoncpa

This is what I have figured: You would rap the cord around the top of the backrest and round in a circle reconnecting it to itself. This would keep it from working off under bumpy conditions.

cavetech

This is what I have figured: You would rap the cord around the top of the backrest and round in a circle reconnecting it to itself. This would keep it from working off under bumpy conditions.
I bought stuff that sounds like the rubber bungee stuff for my Pinzgauer 710M. I will try to find the place I bought it.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder if this is shown in the -10 TM?

scottmandu

A couple of my trucks came with canvas strap riveted to the bottom of the seat. Also if you have a choice get the seats with the aluminium frames.

cavetech

A couple of my trucks came with canvas strap riveted to the bottom of the seat. Also if you have a choice get the seats with the aluminium frames.
One of the seats has a partial web strap hanging down. Under the other seats are just bare rivets. Just one has a rubber cord that I didn't see.

What type of end connections do your web straps have?

TheBigOldSarge

Steel Soldiers Supporter
who needs Troop seats ???

I just got back from GL at Warner Robinson Air Base. In the shelter I won, their are 7 sets of Troop Seats for the FMTV / LMTV. Here is just one side. Make me an offer if you want any.
.20180114_153713.jpg20180114_153732.jpg20180114_153809.jpg20180114_154634.jpg20180114_154647.jpg20180114_160617.jpg20180114_160803.jpg

Arnheim

Does anyone know if the troop seat seatbelts are federally approved restraint systems? In many states if they are, it is legal to have passengers in the back up to the number of belts.

scottmandu

Does anyone know if the troop seat seatbelts are federally approved restraint systems? In many states if they are, it is legal to have passengers in the back up to the number of belts.
I've not seen troop seatbelts with troop seats. The restraints in the cab however are FMVSS .

Last edited:

Arnheim

Interesting, mine does so was wondering. I will take a photo of the configuration when back with the truck this weekend and post for reference.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks