• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

troop seat wood

Armada

My truck came with warped and rotted troop seats, so I had something to go by and didn't have to come up with the uprights. When I rebuilt them, I got the bolts from the local hardware store, bought some oak planks from the Home Depot and ripped them to the right width and cut them to the right length. Routered the edges, drilled holes, sanded, painted and mounted. Making the boards was the easy part, it's just a pita to handle the long, heavy assemblies. They look NOS though.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've done the same thing. By the time you put all that time and effort into it (not to mention the money for the wood and hardware), you'd be much better off buying a nice set from someone. I've paid around $75 per side for fiberglass troop seats...

Good luck!

Jetnoise400

I made mine too. Got a deal on the lumber from the local yard, cut it all to length, routered the edges, drilled my holes, and bolted it all on with new hardware I got at the local Ace. I took a paint sample to Home Depot and they color matched it so I brushed latex house paint on it. Figured that would last longer than just spraying Gillespie on it. I was pretty happy with the results.

I think it cost me about 175 bucks or so. I couldn't find any fiberglass units close enough to make it worth my time.

Attachments

jasonjc

The hard part is find used one close to home shipping , don't even want to think about it. I found some near me but the guy wants $150 for a set. Rotted wood and rusted hardware.