• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Troop seats in a M101A2 Trailer

DUHON

Here's the idea. I have a m101a2 that I will use to haul around Cub scout camping gear. We have entered some parades in the past, Veterans, Christmas etc. I know some of the Hummers have troop seats in the back. How hard would it be to mod some of these for the trailer? The seats would obviously only be used for parades. I know i could just have the boys sit in the back but i thought it might be cool to have the troop seats. I dont have the troop seats yet. Just seein if this is possible.

Thoughts?

Barrman

I was too Sam. Here we have the big Scout parade in Austin this Saturday and driving the M1009 dragging the M101 would sure be easier and nicer than bringing a Duece. Especially since it is supposed to be 26° Saturday morning.

I don't have any pictures, but my 101 had no bows or sides when I got it. I cut down some M35 stays, bows and corners to hold a M1008 top on. I do have pictures of the top on the trailer for a camp out 2 weeks ago with my Troop which are below.

It would be pretty easy to add in troop seat hinges and cut down some seats to fit. I just didn't think winter would stick around so long this year and create a need for seats.

By the way. A 1008 top gives a lot more head room than camping in a duece. Shorter fall out in the mornings too. Just not as luxurious in the rain as M35 camping.

Attachments

DUHON

I think I am going to go for it. Just gotta find some troop seats to salvage. Keep me posted on the project and let me know if you extra parts that I could use.

:grd:

Sierra51

I have just built a folding bed (74" x 22 1/2") for use in my M101A2 utilizing some spare troop seat pieces....as soon as I can get the pics up I'll give a down and dirty description of the install....it did require a bit of cutting, welding and part modification....installing troop seats to be used as troop seats would not be as labor intensive....may be tomorrow afternoon before I can post up the pics....

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have all the HMMWV seats you need for free if you like. I'm not to far from B ham , There emay be a small fee if your a BAMER fan though:wink:

Sierra51

CUCV seat back with bottom flange removed and notched for trailer bow uprights....

seat bottom brackets extended....

frame assembly just prior to welding....

bed mocked up in trailer....

finished bed assembly in trailer in down position....

another one....

in the up and locked postion....

close-up of end securement and pull pin....

Sierra51

Duhon - I know I posted up the pics of the flip bed for my trailer....just because it was sort of related to what you want to do with troop seats in yours....but I got thinking about the use you were looking at getting out of them....since I'm thinking the primary use will be to haul Scout equipment and a secondary use for carrying the troopies in parades....build an "A" frame center section with the seats attached facing outward (toward the crowd along the parade route)....come up with a quick "in/out" attach/release mounting system so as to be able to slide it in and out as needed....with the seats along the center-line you will have a "buffer zone" (safety) between the troopies and the trailer sides....along with an area for items such as candy bags, ruck sacks, coolers, extra ammo, etc....just one of a hundred thoughts that come to mind when I start thinking about modifying things "for other than originally intended uses"....Paul

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks