• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Troop seats

jkelly66

I need to get troop seats for my deuceI have found one pair on a five ton near I can get didnt think or have time to measure to see if they would fit my deuce. so thats the first question would they?
and I found another set I can get cheap the hardware is fair but the wood is cracked and rotten in alot of places. How hard would it be for me to get some oak lumber and just use the hardware to make my own?
Anybody out there done this or am I the only one crazy enough to think about it?
I am open to other suggestions as well.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the 5 ton seats are from a dropside they will work. But the headboard is different. I have ones from a 5 tom on mine now. But the dropsides panels from a 5ton and 2 1/2 ton are the same.

JDToumanian

I need new wood too... I measured NOS wood, for a deuce it's 13/16 x 2-7/8. Sheesh. Are you guys buying 1x3s and planing them to the correct sizes?

Jon

Pinkie

There is a guy up the road from he that has a custom sawmill, I am going to get him to cut mine out of oak logs and plane them down.

rdixiemiller

I have a spare set, some kind of softwood. The headboard assy. is oak. The hardware is great, but there are a couple of bad boards. These are for an M35A2, they were on mine when I upgraded to oak w/ fiberglass headboard. If you are interested, PM me. We might work a trade for some of your M105 stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks