• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trouble bleeding deuces fuel lines

meindl

Have trouble bleeding the fuel lines on my deuce after changing the fuel filters. With the Acc. switch on, my in tank pump does not seem to be pressurizing the line to the bleed valve. Should you be able to hear this pump running, over the sound of the buzzer in the cab? Cranking the engine over seems to prssurize the lines but takes to long and is killing the batteries.
Any ideas??
Thanks Meindl

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You could unplug the buzzer to hear it, or put your hand on the fuel tank to feel it. You might need to pull the pump as sometimes the bottom falls off and then the pump will turn, but not pump any fuel. You will not start the truck by using the starter if the air isn't bled out first.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your filters were dirty. Then the pick up screen on the lift pump is probally dirty also. If you don't hear it runnning check the fuse under the cover on top of the pump. If the pump has enough trash in it, It will drag the pump down and blow the fuse.

rlwm211

Turn the power on.

Crack the drain on the primary and make sure you have fuel flow.

If you have fuel flow, I would try cracking the fitting on the plastic return line on Injector #6. Let this run untill the air burbles out.

Once you have a solid flow you will be able to start the truck.

If the return lines are full of air, it is unlikely you will be able to get fuel up into the IP until it is bled out.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
rlwm If you have fuel flow said:
All you need is bleed out the finial fuel filters. Air in the injector returns lines will not affect starting. Fuel at the HH it should start.

Fix your intank pump.

Last edited:

Vfflang

This happen to me the other day. My truck was running fine and boom it shut off and I could not get it to restart. I thought is was a fuel delivery problem but after about 30mins of trouble shooting it turn out to be the battery. all but one bank on the battery had water. I filled the battery up with water and jump her off and we were on our way.

My Truck is 12volt with a 24 volt pump so who knows...just a thought

meindl

ah ha

Looks like the fuse is bad to the in tank pump, as well as the fuse holder and the main power wire to the pump looks shabby. I have 25v of power to the plug on top of the tank. With this fix, I think bleeding should work. Going to cross my fingers-
Meindl

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have most of the parts for the fuel pump "holder" bracket if you decide any of your components are bad.

meindl

Got it!

Found the old original fuse was bad after all. I installed an inline set-up with a modern plastic blade type fuse, 10a. After removing the old set-up there is plenty of room in the housing. The old fuse housing was corroded anyway and newer ones are easier to find. In tank pump worked fine and lines bled out great, she runs again!
thanks all, Meindl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks