• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trouble getting MEP-003 injection pump opened up - already checked manual

bimota

Ok, stuck trying to open injection pump on MEP-003. Need to verify pin is in place or find other internal issue.

how do i remove the distribution assembly from its housing

Ray70

Once you remove the shaft and the 4 cap screws (with little metal blocks on them) the unit still will probably not separate easily.
You will probably have to use a screwdriver and hammer ( cringe) to pound in there to wedge it apart. Its a tight fit plus any varnish buildup kind of sticks it together pretty tight. Once you get it open its pretty easy to disassemble and rebuild. And, if you buy the o-ring kit from Ambac, don't buy the $25 delivery valve spacer separately because there is one included in the o-ring kit. I assume you're trying to check if the plunger guide (dogbone) is broken?

bimota

Thanks for the Model 50 manual - gives way more detail than the TM. Last time we did a pump we just had to replace the shear pin and it went back together and worked fine.

So we are trying to get the head and plunger from the base housing. I think those are the right part names. It moves a fraction and then snaps back down - so we either need to remove the control assembly rod or pry harder to get the o-rings to give it up. Aluminum housing and these old beasts parts are getting more expensive these days.

Ray70

You have to remove the control assembly first. If it still won't come apart your metering sleeve might be stuck to the plunger. Try using a brass punch and small hammer to tap on the end of the plunger ( where you removed the delivery valve and holder) while prying the pump apart.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thanks for the Model 50 manual - gives way more detail than the TM. Last time we did a pump we just had to replace the shear pin and it went back together and worked fine.

So we are trying to get the head and plunger from the base housing. I think those are the right part names. It moves a fraction and then snaps back down - so we either need to remove the control assembly rod or pry harder to get the o-rings to give it up. Aluminum housing and these old beasts parts are getting more expensive these days.
I have a bunch of parts let me know what you need.