• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trouble installing fuel control lever

Ed(LGNY)

The initial problem was that the lever was stuck. Removed the assembly, cleaned and lubricated with ATF, and reinstalled. (I actually did this several years ago with no issues) Apparently, the sleeve pin did not engage with internal slot, so when the engine was started it went directly to runaway. I am now reinstalling the fuel control lever but found that the internal slot is now at the very bottom 6 o'clock position and now the sleeve pin doesn't seem to engage with the internal slot so low. How do I go about resolution of this problem before I screw something up? Thanks for your help. -Ed

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When all is correct and the plunger sleeve is floating free on the plunger like it should it will be sitting on the bottom or 6 o'clock. If you have assembled the fuel control unit correctly then try this. When you go to install the fuel control assembly the arm of the assembly should be close to the 4 o'clock or shut down position to to the rear. Then the pin should drop in with no problem to the sleeve. If you assembled the fuel control unit incorrectly with the pin facing to the rear of the IP it will go to WOT. As said assembly arm at 4'oclock, pin horizontal and after install ( screws tight ) fuel control unit assembly moving free.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ed(LGNY)

You should be able to move it up a bit with a small flat head screwdriver.
I THINK YOU'RE TELLING ME IS THAT THE INTERNAL SLEEVE SHOULD BE FREE ENOUGH TO MOVE THE SLOT UP A BIT. I KIND OF ASSUMED THAT, SO WHEN I VERY GINGERLY TRIED TO MOVE THE SLEEVE UP WITH A SCREWDRIVER IT DID'NT MOVE WITH A LIGHT TOUCH, SO THAT'S WHERE I QUIT THE PROJECT UNTIL A NICE GUY LIKE YOURSELF CLUED ME IN. AT THE TIME I JUST DIDN'T WANT TO DAMAGE THE SLOT. THANKS FOR YOUR NOTE AND I'LL GET BACK TO THE PROJECT TOMORROW.

Ed(LGNY)

When all is correct and the plunger sleeve is floating free on the plunger like it should it will be sitting on the bottom or 6 o'clock. If you have assembled the fuel control unit correctly then try this. When you go to install the fuel control assembly the arm of the assembly should be close to the 4 o'clock or shut down position to to the rear. Then the pin should drop in with no problem to the sleeve. If you assembled the fuel control unit incorrectly with the pin facing to the rear of the IP it will go to WOT. As said assembly arm at 4'oclock, pin horizontal and after install ( screws tight ) fuel control unit assembly moving free.
THANKS FOR THE INFO AND THE PIC. I'LL BE BACK TO THIS PROJECT TOMORROW.