• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trouble Shooting Brakes

harleyrkc

I have a truck with absolutely no resistance in the brake pedal. I've bled the brake system and still have no resistance, and I've read through the brake section in the TM's. Basically the TM's state change the MC or change the Airpack. Does anyone have any insite on actually troubleshooting the MC or Airpack? I think the seal is shot on the piston in the MC but I'd like to attempt verification before pulling the MC to rebuild it. Also I've read about using air tool oil to lube the airpack but there's no info on exactly where to put the oil in the Airpack.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The air pac will usually just make the brakes feel like they aren't "power" assisted or puke BF out the road draft tube, not make the pedal mushy. You have a failed M/C. If you rebuild it get good Wagner parts, not the Chinese made New Star stuff.

dozer1

Ya. you can't go wrong with a MC replacement. You may have great luck by honing and kitting your old one, but they are not too expensive to replace and worth every penny. Once done, pressure bleed and bask in your solid brake peddle. . lol 99% sure

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not me personally, but others I know. The cups turn inside out and break into pieces parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks