• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trouble starting a little help please

Onestar

So my m1009 had some trouble starting a couple days ago. It fired right up after the gp light cycled off and dropped to a very low idle then cut off. So I restarted and didn't think anything of it. I daily drove it with no problems until leaving work this afternoon. It cycled the gp's, the light went out and it fired right up, then stalled out and when I went to crank it it turned over a bunch then sputtered to life. I had a problem similar to this about 4 months ago. I replaced the mechanicle fuel pump and that seemed to fix the problem. I have been daily driving it for about 2-3 months with no issues. Any help/input would be great I am stumped about what this could be and if it is the same problem why it would happen again.

Hasdrubal

Loosing prime could be many things, check the underside of your filter base for wetness, its a common issue that has many threads here, inspect all your rubber lines, etc. It could be a poorly made lift pump. I had a Carter that failed at 13 months, the last one made it 5 years, I consider that to be woefully pitiful service life also. A friend had one that died after only 1 month. Did a little research and ended up getting an AC Delco Pump. Hopefully it lasts longer, at least 10 -15 years would be reasonable.

Onestar

Thanks, I am going to check out the fuel filter. I hadn't even heard of that. I came across some other threads about it as well when I got lucky with the correct key words.

Onestar

Something crazy for you guys, I parked my m1009 in the garage on a wednesday thinking I was going to have to do some troubleshooting. I didn't start it or mess with it at all for the rest of the week or the weekend. I went out on a tuesday just to see what would happen and it started up fine. The only possible thing I can think of is my fuel tank was at about a 1/4. I usually fill it up around then but am thinking that was the problem. I would love to think my truck would fix itself when its in the garage but I'm guessing thats not the case. Any other input from anyone else?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks