• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trouble starting in warmer weather....

lindsaym

I have this issue: If I drive my truck for a while, then make a pit-stop somewhere, say for about 20 minutes, then try to start again (when the glow plugs don't fire up), it gives me trouble. It's worse when the outside temp is 35 or up. I have installed the push-button (which works) but it really doesn't seem to be helping. It starts fine in the mornings and fine after work. Any help with this would be appreciated. My wife had to pick me up from Fred Meyer today because I couldn't get the truck to start. Talk about humbling......

GPrez

I have the same problem with my 1028, but it does start just not as quick as when it's cold. I was going to put a manual momentary switch to energize the glow plugs like I have on my 1009. Maybe that is not the solution since you already have that.

cpf240

Possible bad fuel cutoff solenoid in the IP. Try pouring some water over the IP when this happens, and see if that helps. If so, then consider replacing the fuel cutoff solenoid.