• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Troubleshooting some broken guages in the M38a1

jeeplvr247

Well I have had a bit of a vacation from steelsoldiers and my new jeep while I was working on med school applications but that is wrapped up now so it is time to get the jeep to its new home. I am bringing it from my brothers garage to mine for a week before it makes the 3 hour drive to our cottage and I would love to get a few of my broken gauges going in that time. I am missing the speedo and the water temp gauge. Both would be really nice to have going.
I have never fixed gauges before so I don't really know what goes into it. From what I have read it looks like the water temp gauge would be a problem with the wiring or with the gauge itself and the speedo is probably the cable that has broken. Is there an easy way to tell exactly what components are broken and need to be replaced?
Also how readily could i swap gauges with other MV's, like an m151?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks