• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck Bed Seats

Lextreme

I have two young kids and planning to get them some seats in the back of the bed. In Cali Seatbelts are required. Just would like to get some idea on what your guys are doing for this setup. I have heard Humvee front seats that come with seatbelt. Anyone have that setup?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just put them on some phonebooks, lined with plate steel....

Awesome Possum

A minivan seat is a good place to start. They usually have seatbelts incorporated into their frame. (Of course, if it makes sense it's probably not legal out there.)

barefootin

I don't know what your budget is, but I have seen "kits" that contain the frame, belts and seats that are MVSS and DOT approved around the $600 mark. There are more expensive quick detatch models out there as well. I only know because I was looking a few weeks ago. Do a search on "truck bed seats" and varriants. I thought about van seats as well or just making a frame and using racing seats with integrated 5 points but I'm not sure on "legality" if it isn't approved DOT.

PaFarmer

X3 on the van seats. I got two new take out seats for $1 on eBay from a guy who wanted a cargo van with windows. Deals are to be had on craigslist and eBay. I bolted a seat in facing the rear. The middle of the seats was just a lap belt, the outsides of the seats have shoulder/lap belts. Mine were from a full-size dodge.

Last edited:

treva2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Summit racing sells plastic molded seats $35-$45. New 5-point harnesses about $70 each. Drag racing seatbelt/harnesses must be replaced about every 4-5 years. You may be able to find used ones on in excellent condition very cheap on ebay. good luck

PaFarmer

I have a set of hard plastic racing seats with "padded" vinyl covers. They are too hard in my opinion to use off road. Maybe in a mud truck or drag car, but not for rough trails, which bounce you around.

m816

What about those dog leashes with the spring loaded rope. You can hook them to the ring where the cargo strap hooks on and you would be good to go. You could add as many as you need for the number of kid you are hauling. Don't forget to use the boarding lader with the hand rail for exiting the vehicle:mad:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks