• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck does not smoke

redneck20

84 m 923 A0
5" straight thru exhuast
#20 fuel button
FP turned up apx 1.5 turns
EGTs apx 700 around town and climb to 1050-1100 under normal accel, will get to 1200 under heavy acceleration but they drop pretty quick.
Random amount of power.( some days it'll feel great other times it'll feel noticeably slower , even 10 minutes apart)
Also I get no change in smoke even when running a 30% WMO mix.
Only get a small amount from the stack under heavy accel
Fuel filter has about 500 miles on it
In my experience a non emission equipped diesel that doesn't smoke is running lean. Especially with added fuel and no turbo. I would think it would be " rolling coal " all the time?
I did kinda check the FP pressure but wasn't very successful in a good reading .

Do these trucks just burn really clean for some reason or am I lookin at a FP problem

5tonman1971

Rolling coal is wasted fuel and not a form of making power you should only have a little bit of smoke that's the sign of a well tuned Diesel engine.

Why hy would you want it to blow smoke? If you want it to smoke you can rap a rag around your air filter and you'll get smoke

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed with Brad smoke is just waist. Sounds like she is running good. Need to hook up a gage in the cab off PT and then check your numbers when underload. What button was in there to start and no I don't think you have a problem.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea no good just putting in stuff and not knowing what the changes are. Could drop down to the next button and adjust throttel shaft for maybe 200lbs. defuel but I don't know about going over 200.

whiskey357

Banned
The question is are you old enough to smoke........engine not smokeing is a good thing .........don't have to smoke ..but iffn you are not sure take it in and a good mech check it out for ya ...best of luck on this one