• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck Front Bumper Numbers and Year? MANUFACTURER?

premacpmc

Can anyone tell me what year and who made this truck for SF-97. It wants Make Model Year and Manufacturer, Also what do the front bumper numbers mean? The trailers I bought with it say they came from Kuwait, was this truck there also? Just looking for a bit of history on it. Thanks for any help!
Thx Mike

Attachments

premacpmc

RE: Truck Front Bumper Numbers and Year?

I was looking on the web site and found it is a 1971 I think. General Products Division? I have to fill out SF-97 for Make Model and Manufacturer.
Mike

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need the data plate info to tell year or who built it or at least the number inside the door. If it's a 1971 "71" will be the last two digits on the door (this only works for trucks made between 1968 and 1972 and the first two digits are "04").

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Well, as claimed at the mess tent last night...based on just this photo of the front of this truck and using my extrodinary powers of ESP and super hi tech monitoring devices from inside the pictured truck; I shall provide the data plate information for this vehicle to the amazement of all here.

Organization: 40TH SUPPORT BATTALION, COMPANY A, CALIFORNIA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
Nomenclature:TRUCK CARGO 2-1/2T Model:M35A2 W/W NSN:2320000771617
Serial Number:53911144 Registration Number:4F30771 Year of Mfg:1971
Manufacturer:65909
Usage Miles: 34497
This truck was received this truck from B Company, 3rd Battalion, 185th Armor Regiment on 9 April of 2000 as part of that units inactivation.

The trucks favorite color is camouflage. Favorite drink is DF2. And enjoys 30 mile desert road night drives without lights while the driver is wearing night vision goggles.

Seriously though, next time throw us a bone. Always provide a serial number and if you can a registration number.

Opie

medlog said:
Well, as claimed at the mess tent last night...based on just this photo of the front of this truck and using my extrodinary powers of ESP and super hi tech monitoring devices from inside the pictured truck; I shall provide the data plate information for this vehicle to the amazement of all here.
Ladiees and Gentullmen, Children of all ages!

Presenting... MedLog the AMAZING!!!!!!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well now, many of you may have wondered who medlog is and where he gets his info. I feel compelled to expose him now, after this amazing demonstration of his psychic abilities!

Attachments

premacpmc

Oooops!!!!!!!!!!! Vin numbers are 04F-02571 0539 11064 thats all I can read on the plate. I thought I modified a old post and this info was there. I shouldn't think on weekends.
Thanks Mike

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
OK Carnac I ain't. There was only one w/w listed as being with A Co 40th FSB so I took a leap of faith. The SN you put is not listed as being with that unit.

Organization: 540TH MAINTENANCE BATTALION COMPANY D
Nomenclature:TRUCK CARGO 2-1/2T Model:M35A2 W/W NSN:2320000771617
Serial Number:53911064 Registration Number:4F20571 Year of Mfg:1971
Manufacturer:65909 Usage Miles: 14458

Data shows it went to Company C in 1995. No other record after that.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:shock:

Holy smokestacks, Batman! That's incredible!

Sounds like we're going to need a, "medlog's corner!"

I can't say I've ever been so amazed. I yield!!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
PLEASE, PLEASE, you need not bow before me more than a half dozen times. Rise up... yes don't forget to kiss the ring, now rise and provide me your numbers. LMFAO

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WARNING- He really works for the government and is registering our trucks on a national database. Just like guns, first comes registration then confiscation. Then he will take over the world!
Just kidding :lol:
My, what this thread has come to :?

Mike_Pop

I'm sure glad I stick with European military vehicles! If they want to confiscate mine, they will have to swim across the pond to come and get it!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Actually Mike Pop give me time. Is it German or Brit??

Don't ask yet, it's still in the works.

Today the United States, tomorrow...THE WORLD!!!! mmmm--hahahaha, mmmmm---hahahahaha (my attempt at an evil laugh)