• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck, Identify yourself!

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today, I decided to try to remove some of the paint covering the bumper markings on my M35A2. I already knew it came from the 103rd Engineer Battalion from the information CARNAC provided. The bumper markings were covered by black spray paint. After removing some of the paint on the front bumper, I found the following.

Left Front: 213 - 103E
Right Front: FSC 1

The 103rd Engineer Battalion belongs to the 28th Infantry Division, so I would have expected to see 28 - 103E on the left side. I have no idea what the 213 would represent. I also don't know what FSC means, although the 1 after FSC is obviously the vehicle number. I tried to take photos, but they did not turn out good enough to post. The left rear bumper had the same markings as the front left. The right rear bumper was completely illegible. This is an ex-PA NG truck. Does anyone have any ideas what these markings mean?

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I feel like the MV version of CSI now. I got out an ultraviolet light and shined it on the front bumper. Lo and behold, on the left front side was clearly printed 28 I - 103E, just like I thought it should read. 28th Infantry Division, 103rd Engineer Battalion. The right side now clearly reads FSC-2 under the UV, not FSC-1 as I stated earlier. Others having a hard time reading the numbers after they sand off some of the paint cover may want to try this trick - it worked for me. I still have the original question as to what FSC stands for. Any ideas?

4trans

Can anyone tell me what the abrev. for transportation battalion.

Im creating a possible bumper number for VII Corps 4transportation battalion.

Atwater

reading old stencils

on my m1008 i had good luck bringing out the numbers by lightly scuffing with 220, wipping down with some thinner and allowing it to dry