• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck lite LED headlamps

I've seen a couple sites where they wanted just over $300 each and another site that wanted just over $350 for a pair. Needless to say, I'm gonna wait till they come down in price before I get a set. I'm guessing when China starts shipping them in mass quantities, the price come down and be fairly decent.

I know there's gonna be some dyed-in-the-wool patriots screaming "buy american!", but "Made in China" is beginning to change in it's meaning. China's economy is booming and the quality of many products are getting higher. Sure you can still end up with a lot of cheap crap, but I picked up a tattoo outfit made in China that if it were American made, would be in the neighborhood of about $1800 or $2000. I found this outfit with 9 machines (3 liners and 6 shaders) for $100 plus shipping! They work as well as any American-made machines I've ever used.

Being as the LEDs themselves are manufactured in several overseas countries, buying American is just not an option when it comes to LED headlights. So if you want a pair at a decent price, ya gotta wait till the market is flooded with them. Remember those $5 survival knives that hit the U.S. back in the 80s? Yeah, kinda like that. There's my 2cents.

Heath_h49008

That should be in about a year... maybe two. Think about the LED flashlights that went from $50 to $5 almost overnight.

If the Chinese are willing to send me stuff I can use in exchange for the worthless paper the Fed keeps printing, I would say we are winning.

At least until they stop...

3ID ARMY BRAT

The ones that LANE AVIATION have are between $325 and $425. They are aircraft landing lights, but they are good. They are LED's and they give off a white light that is bright as H!@#. I think they are worth the money.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I paid about $150 for a pair on egay. The lenses were scratched to ****, but they cleaned up like new with a 3m polishing kit. I was amazed at how well the kit worked.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I paid $125 or $150 a pair last summer and would like to buy another set at that price point. Send me a PM when you get your deal worked out if you can do it for that.

3ID ARMY BRAT

The ones that LANE AVIATION have are between $325 and $425. They are aircraft landing lights, but they are good. They are LED's and they give off a white light that is bright as H!@#. I think they are worth the money.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks