• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck-Lite LED Headlights----Finally Ordered a set.

cucvrus

Anti seize and plastic? Not sure that is effective. Plain vasoline / wheel bearing grease would do it. But the rust on the buckets and the core support is the real culprit. This is another place the 2" rolok disc comes into play. Polished up , greased and done with it.

scottladdy

Anti-seize

Anti seize and plastic? Not sure that is effective. Plain vasoline / wheel bearing grease would do it. But the rust on the buckets and the core support is the real culprit. This is another place the 2" rolok disc comes into play. Polished up , greased and done with it.
A good question Rick. I apologize for this being off the original topic but think people interested in upgrading their lighting will benefit from this discussion.

From my perspective it is not about the nylon fitting but about the steel alloy bolt that is exposed to the highly corrosive compounds being used on our roadways up here in the rust belt. Anti-seize provides some additional benefits that a regular grease does not:

1. A more reliable protection against corrosion as the products are generally designed to be used in environments where corrosive conditions are high.
  2. Solid lubricants that coat the steel and will provide lubrication when petroleum based products have long since dissipated.

I actually recommend using anti-seize on the contact points of the headlight buckets because of these properties.

For those interested in learning a little more: http://www.impomag.com/article/2013/04/understanding-true-value-anti-seize

Winston Wolf

I recently put these lights in my 1028. One thing I really hate about them is the "hot spot" or bright spot in the middle of the beam. It's very distracting to have a couple 5'x5' bright spots on the road in front of the truck. I need to get out in the real dark and try and see if I can adjust them to minimize it.

cucvrus

Did you use Truck lite LED headlamps. Truck lite 27450 C. I just purchased another set for an upcoming build. Never had any issues with any bright spots. On multi diodes I seen they were poor. LED technology has come a long way in the past couple years. Post a picture if you can.

Winston Wolf

Did you use Truck lite LED headlamps. Truck lite 27450 C. I just purchased another set for an upcoming build. Never had any issues with any bright spots. On multi diodes I seen they were poor. LED technology has come a long way in the past couple years. Post a picture if you can.
Yes, they are Truck-Lites. I'll try and get a picture of what I'm talking about, but I did some reading and a lot of the jeep guys complain about it to, so I know it's not just me. My Harley Road Glide came stock with LED's and they are amazing and the light is perfect, I was hoping these would be the similar.

cucvrus

LED head lamps.jpgtruck lite.jpgLED plow.jpg
Yes, they are Truck-Lites. I'll try and get a picture of what I'm talking about, but I did some reading and a lot of the jeep guys complain about it to, so I know it's not just me. My Harley Road Glide came stock with LED's and they are amazing and the light is perfect, I was hoping these would be the similar.
I can't elaborate on any hot spots. I have them on several CUCV's and plow trucks. It is a whiter light and has less glaring effect to oncoming traffic. The LED headlamp that truck light makes is also made in a snow plow light. I installed these on the trucks last winter. I am thinking of adding a set as auxillary driving lights on one of my M1009's. I have the HID KC daylighters. on an M1009. they are insanely bright. 1.6 million candle power each. Tinstar are you seeing hot spots? You are the only one I know that has the Truck Lite brand besides me. ????? Multi diode I seen on these trucks looked poor. IMHO. carbon_pod_hid_kc_hilites_1.jpg

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He's correct.
The spots are there. Slight.... subtle.....but definitely there.

If their not aimed correctly (too low) you stare at them on the road.
I then realized I had them aimed too low.
Did adjustment (much better!!!) and no issue now unless you drive towards a wall.

I still love the lights. No regrets

Winston Wolf

IMG_7612.jpgIMG_7611.jpgThey are definitely Truck Lites.

The ones in my Harley, I don't know who makes them, but they seem to have more diffusers in the back of the light. I'm assuming that is part of the difference.

Last edited:

Winston Wolf

He's correct.
The spots are there. Slight.... subtle.....but definitely there.

If their not aimed correctly (too low) you stare at them on the road.
I then realized I had them aimed too low.
Did adjustment (much better!!!) and no issue now unless you drive towards a wall.

I still love the lights. No regrets
I'll try re-aiming them again. I didn't want them too high, blinding oncoming traffic. I had read there were maybe a revisiona with the lights, and the second gen has a tighter hot spot, how old are your guy's?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread tells how old mine are.
I have not heard about any revisions.

They are getting better and the TL 5 ton lights do have a totally new design.

So it would not surprise me if there is a new version.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would bet if most people put there lights up on a wall they are not aligned properly.

This is one of the most neglected easy maintenance items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cucvrus

I have a set of the expensive Hoppy head lamp aimers. I agree that 99.9% of headlamps are not properly adjusted during the annual Pennsylvania State safety inspection. If they light they pass. I seldom ever used the set of adjusters I have. I was required to have them in order to get my inspection license. Along with a lot of other tools that seldom get used. The vehicles have changed so much over the past 30 years the undated equipment is costly. We used to use a wall chart for the headlamps. that wall is empty now. Neglected safety practices. Have a great day. Nice weekend coming up. Take advantage of it. Or NOT.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use a fence or wall to rough aim.
Then I go to a dark road that I know is almost never traveled at night and do a final aim.
Suits my preference on how I like them.
I haven't had anyone flash their brights at me yet.

The truck-lites in my 5 ton are the same way to some extent.
I think they defuse the light a little better.

Now if they do come out with a new improved model, I'm getting them.

cucvrus

Hover to zoom

27490C [h=1]ECE Right Hand Side, 5"x7" Rectangular LED, 2 Diode Headlight, Polycarbonate Lens, Aluminum, 12-24V[/h]

if(typeof(shoppingListJS) == "undefined" || shoppingListJS == null || !shoppingListJS) ** shoppingListJS = new ShoppingListJS({storeId: '10001',catalogId: '10002',langId: '-1'}, {id: '48721', name: 'ECE Right Hand Side, 5"x7" Rectangular LED, 2 Diode Headlight, Polycarbonate Lens, Aluminum, 12-24V', image: '', type: 'ItemBean', components: **}, skus: []}, **}, "shoppingListJS"); }
Add to Wish List

Sign In or Register to access your lists.

Sign In / Register

if(typeof(brochureJS) == "undefined" || brochureJS == null || !brochureJS) ** brochureJS = new BrochureJS({storeId: '10001',b_catalogId: '10002',langId: '-1'}, {id: '48721', name: 'ECE Right Hand Side, 5"x7" Rectangular LED, 2 Diode Headlight, Polycarbonate Lens, Aluminum, 12-24V', image: '', type: 'ItemBean', components: **}, skus: []}, **}, "brochureJS"); }

Sign In or Register to access your brochures.

Sign In / Register

• ECE And ROHS Compliant.
  • LED Sealed Beam Technology With Polycarbonate Lens And Sealed Electronics.
  • Up To 50X Longer Life Than Halogen Headlamps, Lowering Life-Cycle Costs.
  • Perfect For Medium/Heavy-Duty Trucks, Off-Road Vehicles, Automotive, Motorcycles, Military Applications And More.
  • Produces Pure White Light, Nearly Identical To Daylight That Is Easy On The Eye, Unlike Harsh Blue HID Systems.
  • Available In Left Hand Traffic And Right Hand Traffic Versions.
  • Includes Built-In Position Lamp With Optional Wiring.
  • Improved Roadside Coverage And Highly Controlled Beam Patterns, Offering Glare Protection To Oncoming Traffic.
  • Dipped/Passing Beam And Main/Driving Beam Functionality.
  • Ultra-Bright Output For Maximum Night Visibility.
  • H4, 3-Blade Connector System.

Questions? We've got answers. 1-800-562-5012

Hover to zoom

27491C [h=1]ECE Left Hand Side, 5"x7" Rectangular LED, 2 Diode Headlight, Polycarbonate Lens, Aluminum, 12-24V[/h]

if(typeof(shoppingListJS) == "undefined" || shoppingListJS == null || !shoppingListJS) ** shoppingListJS = new ShoppingListJS({storeId: '10001',catalogId: '10002',langId: '-1'}, {id: '48723', name: 'ECE Left Hand Side, 5"x7" Rectangular LED, 2 Diode Headlight, Polycarbonate Lens, Aluminum, 12-24V', image: '', type: 'ItemBean', components: **}, skus: []}, **}, "shoppingListJS"); }
Add to Wish List

Sign In / Register

if(typeof(brochureJS) == "undefined" || brochureJS == null || !brochureJS) ** brochureJS = new BrochureJS({storeId: '10001',b_catalogId: '10002',langId: '-1'}, {id: '48723', name: 'ECE Left Hand Side, 5"x7" Rectangular LED, 2 Diode Headlight, Polycarbonate Lens, Aluminum, 12-24V', image: '', type: 'ItemBean', components: **}, skus: []}, **}, "brochureJS"); }

Sign In / Register

• Perfect For Medium/Heavy-Duty Trucks, Off-Road Vehicles, Automotive, Motorcycles, Military Applications And More.
  • Produces Pure White Light, Nearly Identical To Daylight That Is Easy On The Eye, Unlike Harsh Blue HID Systems.
  • Improved Roadside Coverage And Highly Controlled Beam Patterns, Offering Glare Protection To Oncoming Traffic.

SPECS

BULK

• Catalog Number 27491C
  • Current Major 2.29
  • Current Minor 1.22
  • Voltage 12|24
  • Warranty 3-Year
  • Brand TL
  • Lighting Technology LED
  • Number of Diodes/Bulbs 2
  • Number of Wires 5
  • Packaging Type Standard
  • Std Carton Qty 1
  • Lamp Connection Hardwired
  • Plug Side One Hardwired
  • Plug Side Two H4 Connector|Stripped End
  • KIT (Y/N) No
  • Lens Shape Rectangular
  • Lens Color Clear
  • Housing Material Aluminum
  • Lens Material Polycarbonate
  • Compliance Family CMVSS 108|FMVSS 108|DOT
  • VMRS 034-001-000
  • Heated Lens (Y/N) No
  • Common Size 5"x7"
  • Lens Width 5 inch
  • Lens Height 7 inch
  • Total Height 5.62 inch
  • Total Width 7.90 inch
  • Total Depth 3.87 inch
  • Keyword ECE|Left Hand Side
  • Product Type Headlight
  • Long Description ECE Left Hand Side, 5"x7" Rectangular LED, 2 Diode Headlight, Polycarbonate Lens, Aluminum, 12-24V
  • Short Description ECE Left Hand Side, 5"x7" Rectangular, LED, 12-24V, Headlight
  • UPC 0735111188780
  • Wire Gauge 16
  • Weight 2.61 pound
  • Aiming Type Visual
  • Beam Pattern High|Low
    Questions? We've got answers. 1-800-562-5012

Hover to zoom

27491C [h=1]ECE Left Hand Side, 5"x7" Rectangular LED, 2 Diode Headlight, Polycarbonate Lens, Aluminum, 12-24V[/h]

if(typeof(shoppingListJS) == "undefined" || shoppingListJS == null || !shoppingListJS) ** shoppingListJS = new ShoppingListJS({storeId: '10001',catalogId: '10002',langId: '-1'}, {id: '48723', name: 'ECE Left Hand Side, 5"x7" Rectangular LED, 2 Diode Headlight, Polycarbonate Lens, Aluminum, 12-24V', image: '', type: 'ItemBean', components: **}, skus: []}, **}, "shoppingListJS"); }
    Add to Wish List

Sign In / Register

if(typeof(brochureJS) == "undefined" || brochureJS == null || !brochureJS) ** brochureJS = new BrochureJS({storeId: '10001',b_catalogId: '10002',langId: '-1'}, {id: '48723', name: 'ECE Left Hand Side, 5"x7" Rectangular LED, 2 Diode Headlight, Polycarbonate Lens, Aluminum, 12-24V', image: '', type: 'ItemBean', components: **}, skus: []}, **}, "brochureJS"); }

Sign In / Register

SPECS

BULK

• Catalog Number 27491C
    • Current Major 2.29
    • Current Minor 1.22
    • Voltage 12|24
    • Warranty 3-Year
    • Brand TL
    • Lighting Technology LED
    • Number of Diodes/Bulbs 2
    • Number of Wires 5
    • Packaging Type Standard
    • Std Carton Qty 1
    • Lamp Connection Hardwired
    • Plug Side One Hardwired
    • Plug Side Two H4 Connector|Stripped End
    • KIT (Y/N) No
    • Lens Shape Rectangular
    • Lens Color Clear
    • Housing Material Aluminum
    • Lens Material Polycarbonate
    • Compliance Family CMVSS 108|FMVSS 108|DOT
    • VMRS 034-001-000
    • Heated Lens (Y/N) No
    • Common Size 5"x7"
    • Lens Width 5 inch
    • Lens Height 7 inch
    • Total Height 5.62 inch
    • Total Width 7.90 inch
    • Total Depth 3.87 inch
    • Keyword ECE|Left Hand Side
    • Product Type Headlight
    • Long Description ECE Left Hand Side, 5"x7" Rectangular LED, 2 Diode Headlight, Polycarbonate Lens, Aluminum, 12-24V
    • Short Description ECE Left Hand Side, 5"x7" Rectangular, LED, 12-24V, Headlight
    • UPC 0735111188780
    • Wire Gauge 16
    • Weight 2.61 pound
    • Aiming Type Visual
    • Beam Pattern High|Low

StoneyHill

Apparently my other post did not show up.....

The man I spoke with at Truck-lite said the 27490/27491 are for Europe and depend on which side of the road you drive on. He said the 27450 was the US bulb.

How difficult is the install?

Scott

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks