• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck-lite LED headlights - Photos

charlietango

Also don't forget I'm in Canada and everything costs more here (in the auto parts world ftm)
I'm happy with the price. Would have cost me the same to find a southern dealer and pay shipping/tax/customs/brokerage.

steelypip

Have a motorcycle friend who just put a set of three on his Harley with light bar. They cast lots of light. These things win every way over HID headlights: low power consumption, long life, and no high voltages required.

Coming soon to a vintage vehicle or several near me...

I was reading the specs on them and marveling at the current draw numbers. On a 24v system, 1.0 amp draw on low beam and the high beam current draw is 1.8 amp! That's amazing considering the amount of light you get from these! I want a pair so bad I can taste it! I remember how inadequate the incandescents were on the night drive home when I recovered my deuce. Of course the cracks in my windshield made it all that much harder to see at at night.
:deadhorse:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Having worked at NAPA company owned stores as a past store manger and as a distribution center manager for 10 years, I would have to warn you that is a quick way to get your folks fired. The discount is strictly for employees and their registered vehicles and closely monitored. I have seen long time and new employees fired for violating company policy. Company auditors regularly do audits as part of Loss prevention.

It is the most lucrative employee discount in the retail world for any major retailer since it is NAPA's true cost plus 10% (z10).:(

This does not apply to individual franchise operators.

sandcobra164

Taken a few days ago on 11 September. My Deuce is chasing my m1028. My LED's are the truck lite's with the 5 upper and 5 lower LED's and this is on low beam!!!

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where do y'all think the price will bottom out at in a few years? $500 is still a little steep for this old boy. I like the appearance way more than the other 24 Volt version.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the price is going to come down for a bit. Look for very reasonably priced LED headlights in the classifieds soon. At least until they are gone.

tuckered

Taken a few days ago on 11 September. My Deuce is chasing my m1028. My LED's are the truck lite's with the 5 upper and 5 lower LED's and this is on low beam!!!
Way does it do to the people driving the other way? I mean, are they going to be blinded and have issue with not being able to see?

joeM62

I wouldn't mind a set for my duce, no need in using 5ton bridge spot lights only thing I couldn't bring myself to spend that much for lights. Good pics of the duce using the new lights, has any drivers complain about the lights being to bright just asking.

sandcobra164

I mostly run them on low beam. When the oncoming traffic tries to bright light me and I bright light them, they concede the point alot quicker than if I was in anything else around here!!!

srodocker

yea make sure you adjust them correctly or you will be able to see tree tops or building tops. some reason got so out of wack they were point straight up and i could see everything up clear as day. its hard to adjust lights on garage when the truck is so tall ha

charlietango

Yea hahaha my sealed beams were cranked all the way up too. Sure noticed when I put these babies in. Went through the rigorous process detailed in the manual on setting them. So far worth the time and nobody on the highway wants me dead

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks