• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck lite rear lights

ohiohmmwv

This has probably been asked a few times but I searched and couldn’t find related posts. The truck lite led rear lights have a separate ground wire unlike the original rear lights. Do you need to still ground that wire and the body harness ground to the rear bolts on the back of the light and use the small bar that connects the two rear bolts or can you simply connect the ground on the body harness to the ground wire on the light directly(not using those rear bolts and connecting bar) and you’re done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am not sure the "proper" wat to do it but i would pick a convenient spot to ground them, and then do a continuity test from that spot to the neg battery post to see if you have a decent ground.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yes, I run my extra led ground wire to one of the 2 mounting bolts. I clean the paint off first and use a star washer for good ground, then paint once installed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks