• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck-Lite Route Clearance Lights Installed

YOUNG GUN

Finally bought 4 route clearance flood lights and got them installed over the weekend with some great assistance from Beerslayer.
They are very bright, kinda looks like a stadium light driving down the road:smile:
These things are very impressive and I would highly recomend them!

I only have one picture to post for now, but i'll try and get more detailed pictures of the install later.

These are mounted on a custom light bar utilizing the convoy light mounting positions behind the cab.

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No need for blackout conditions............and they wouldn't last long at Haspin.

zout

YoungGun - pic's are hard to tell - are them the LED units by Trucklite or normal - might be just position of the pic if they are the LED cause the LEDS are way bighter than this.

Only reason I mention is I have 4 - LEDS across the top cab rack an they are brighter than crap.

Great pic at nightfall in the sneak position.

YOUNG GUN

They are the Truck-Lite 7" Route Clearance LED flood lights (#07392).
Picture does not do them justice, the inner 2 are pointed slightly outward and the outer 2 are pointed almost 45 deg outwards.
The headlights are the newer Truck-Lite LED with the clear lense.
This setup will light sh#t up!

gungearz

Its either run in a 2 bulb series or he has all of them hooked in series together. 1 switch for the 2 inners and 1 switch for the 2 outers or their wired all in series on one switch.

YOUNG GUN

NICE! i will have 9 on my truck 7 facing foward and 2 facing rear along with 2 LED headlights...I will defiantly have a 360 degree view...
That's pretty cool !
I'm going to get 4 more here soon and arrange them to get a 360 light saturation around the truck. I'm thinking 4 to the front and 4 to the back.
How are you going to mount them?

srodocker

Ive got 2 on my fender that i may relocate. and the rest on a cab rack. Cant wait to get that project started...work is finally starting to slow down and hopefully the trucks turbo oil line is fixed by the weekend!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, How did you wire them to the truck..? Can you post some pictures..?

BTW, good looking truck man..!

Don

YOUNG GUN

Hey, How did you wire them to the truck..? Can you post some pictures..?

BTW, good looking truck man..!

Don

Thanks!
I'll try and get some pictures of the install tonight if I don't run out of daylight.
Using all packard connectors and prestolite 14ga wire, I tapped into the 24v incoming power to the ignition, split the 24v to my 2 switches, ran a wire harness along the exsisting one through the fire wall and inside the frame, back to the bottom of my upright tube where I again added packard connections in case I want to take it off for some reason, then up the tube and into the top tube where I brought the wires out at each light through rubber gromets again with packard connectors to hook up to each light.
The only thing I need to do is add a breaker between the power coming out of the ignition and the switches which will simply be a plug and play when it comes in, and tidy up the wiring a little.
These lights are rated for a max draw of 1.63amps @24v each which is not very much.
Hopefully that ramble makes sense:smile:

If I get pictures tonight i'll post them tomorrow.

zout

I lite all 4 of mine up at once - and indeed they are brighter than chit.

We had a great time to test them when we went on the little river canyon run in AL a couple yrs ago - I think I sent AL into the dark ages - it was the middle of the night when I turned them on headed over there - and AL folks started calling into the radio station about UFO's - aliens - all kinds of weird stuff - they are awesome lights.

Scooteerr

I lite all 4 of mine up at once - and indeed they are brighter than chit.

We had a great time to test them when we went on the little river canyon run in AL a couple yrs ago - I think I sent AL into the dark ages - it was the middle of the night when I turned them on headed over there - and AL folks started calling into the radio station about UFO's - aliens - all kinds of weird stuff - they are awesome lights.
This is Alabama after all... LOL... :popcorn:

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are very bright. Not a good idea to stand in front of that truck in the dark when he turns them on.

I have a breaker for you, they came yesterday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks