• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck needs saved!

stancanpara

I'm waiting for a reply from Gordon. If the motor's not stuck and he doesnt want an arm and a leg for it, it's worth saving and returning to "green"

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I posted it because I thought someone nearby might get it for parts or something. Not anything to travel long distance for. I just enlarged the pic I posted and the hood does look longer. Maybe I should have posted this in the 5 ton forum. Moderators feel free to move it!

Last edited:

stancanpara

I am about 40 minutes from where it is. He wants me to make him an offer, what do you think I should offer him for it as a parts truck...?:roll:

I'm hoping to drive up tomorow (sunday) and look at it...;-)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If it is a deuce the axles will bring at least a grand from some rock crawler.Then there is the tranny, TF case and other stuff. If the sheet metal is good that's another couple hundred.You have to factor in moving it and can use that as a bargining chip.The good news is that scrap prices have tanked so it's not worth as much to the junk yard.I'd lowball at 300 bucks and see if he bites. You can always go up.

stancanpara

WOW! Forgot about this one...

I went up and checked it out back in Dec 2008...

Was a military fire truck, gasser, ran, and if I remember correctly, still had the pto on the transmission and the transfer case... Red was it's original color.

Wanted $1,500 for it... good price for the truck as far as I am concerned.. but I have no interest in a gasser... if it had been multi fuel I would have snagged it but fast!!! Pretty good shape and mostly there (as what you see in the photo)

Wasn't too concerned about selling it... might still be there if anyone is interested...

emr

not worth it at all, sorry, but I guess one thing holds true, it is worth what someone is willing to pay, but this ride is only worth the recovery effort and no more, just my 2 cents, it is always nice to see interest in bringing these trucks back even if only for parts. good luck..

TexAndy

If I was nearby I would offer $500 for it. A fairly firm $500.

The axles are worth money... but so is my time. And it takes quite a bit of labor to strip a deuce.

stancanpara

I offered $600 at the time... He wanted $1500, would take $1,400 or let it set there and rust... so I'm sure it's still there, rusting into oblivion...

hdmax

I know where an old N/T Multi-fuel is that had the front axle stolen some 12-15 years ago. Bed had holes in the side a man could slide his hand through, a lot of rust pretty much on every part, rag top and seats rotted. It sets in the woods. I tried to buy it about 6-7 years ago, while it was still in pretty good condition. The ole guy would not sell.
I have been thinking about trying again. I figure to have it towed to my place would cost 2 bills!
The 9 wheels left are in great shape, tires look good, but may fall apart pretty quickly, Axles (The two not stolen!) transfer case, tranny, maybe engine, mirrors, dash, all the gauges, and controls, hood, pintle, bumper, bumperets, frame all look to be in great condition. (I know the engine, transmission, transfer case, and differentials may be ceased up!) I do think if I could get it for a couple hundred, plus whatever to get it to my place, (Maybe $400 total.) I could get a few much needed parts, than scrap it out and recover my money.
Lots of work though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks