• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

truck pulls to right when braking

erniemigi

I'm not sure if this wil help or even could be the problem but i'm going to throw this out there, a buddy of mine just got a dodge w200 and he was having similar problems that you are having and we found out that his master cylinder was bad, he bought a new one and we bled the whole thing and it went away, also i agree with the crushed/pinched brake line, each brake line has a inner and outer line, the fluid travels to the brake when you apply pressure but is sent back through the other line (high/low pressure) if the inner line has collapsed you will experience the problems you are having, i had a problem with my driver side front tire that would lock up when i applied the brake, i replaced the line and cut open the old one and found the inner line was crushed which was not allowing the fluid to flow freely, i hope this all works out for you and you won't have to worry about it anymore

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This does not have one of those 4" lift kits without the correction kit for the drag link does it? they have been known to dive to the right due to what is also called "bumpsteer." You step on the brake then the front end dips down pushing the draglink backwards resulting in the tires turning right. The give away is the drag link not being level. If the front of the dragling is higher than the back end by 2-4" that is your problem.

I remember my lesson in this was when I installed 4" lift springs. I was stumped, and finally wedged some 4x4 blocks in between the springs and frame to prevent the suspension from flexing. The pull to the right went away. I suppose you could find a "plump" buddy and have him (or her) bounce on the brushguard while you watch!

Post a video!

Last edited:

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't rule out an issue with the rear brakes. Those big drums must be syncronized or you will experience drifting while braking. If the rear proportioning valve is not set properly, excessive brake fluid will be sent to the rear brakes thereby making them the dominate braking force. Correct proportioning valve orientation is covered in Post #75 of my rebuild thread.

Hope this helps.