• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck Show Barrington, NH Aug 22,2010

WarrenD

I've never been, so I'm wondering if they have any MVs and is anyone from SS planning on going?

Carl_in_NH

Yes, there are typically several MVs at this show - I'd say a dozen or so. If you like older trucks, this is a nice show to attend. A good assortment of almost anything and everything in terms of trucks will be found there.

Hope to see you there on the 22nd!

WarrenD

Thanks Carl, looks like a good one to put on my calender. Older is better as far as I'm concerned.

Carl_in_NH

If it were me, I'd aim for arrival around 10:00 AM. I'm currently planning on arriving at about that time.

I hope this year is as good as last year. There were around 300 trucks there last year, at least according to what I heard. Given how long it took to walk around and look at everything, (and eat a bunch of greasy food from vendors) I'd say that number was realistic.

kastein

At the office until 17:00 on a Sunday; that's no fun at all. I don't really know how late they run, as I've always been on my way home by mid-afternoon.
Neeeeevermind... I am an idjit not capable of operating a calendar, film at 11. I'll stick it on the schedule! Thought the 22nd was a Monday.

:beer::driver:

nhdiesel

Bummer. Now that I found a job and can keep my Deuce, I want to go to more shows. But that weekend I'll be putting an engine in my wife's Jeep.

Jim

n1bnc

It's a great show. Lots of MV's and an excellent inventory going back in time to chain driven axles. I intend to be there with my C800 since the unimog is still scattered over the driveway. BillF, it's a lovely ride completely on Rt9:driver:. Hope to see you all there!

WarrenD

I had just heard of this show a few weeks ago at a local car show. With the closing of the local Golden Age of Trucking Museum, they likely won't be having their annual fall show. This may help my old truck fix for this year.

BillF

It's a great show. Lots of MV's and an excellent inventory going back in time to chain driven axles. I intend to be there with my C800 since the unimog is still scattered over the driveway. BillF, it's a lovely ride completely on Rt9:driver:. Hope to see you all there!

I went last year, it was a nice ride.

kastein

Bummer. Now that I found a job and can keep my Deuce, I want to go to more shows. But that weekend I'll be putting an engine in my wife's Jeep.

Jim
Let me know if you want help/company/someone around to drink your beer, I've pulled and installed a couple 4.0s now... heck I have a spare sitting in the back of my comanche right now. What type of jeep / what engine?

My M54A2 is nowhere near show quality yet... hopefully that won't be a problem. I'll be *very* slowly restoring it as I get the chance to, probably won't be done for years.

Carl_in_NH

Shouldn't have any trouble with your M54A2 at the show; I've seen everything from just enought parts to sort of know what it was on a trailer, to restorations better than the factory would have produced - and everything in between, at that show.

Most important requirement is to have fun. Bring what ya got, and enjoy!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks