• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck show

F18hornetM

Took our trucks to a big truck show on Saturday. Was a show to let kids get an upclose look at trucks and equipment. Was a great turn out fo kids. All had a blast playing in and on the trucks
The awesome looking M923 belongs to Hottduck and the M35/M105 and M813 is ours. Maybe next year can get a few more Mvs to come out

Last edited:

F18hornetM

Thanks, was actually having trouble posting thats why the short note with no pictures. Got tired of writing it all up and not going through.
It was fun, fire trucks a couple tractor trailers and lots of equipment, tractors etc. Kids blew the air horns untill there was no air left in the tanks [thank the lord] Got to talk to alot of nice parents and some veterans. A few people we met worked on them in the service and some rode in them.
Not much of this kind of thing happens here on the Eastern shore, so it was fun

Note:
In august is jeep week in and around Ocean City. Last year we had plans to get some of the MV guys together but the hurricane ruined it. But would be great if some of us could get together

F18hornetM

Do you have any more shots of that M923? I like the way it looks and it's giving me some ideas for mine :)

It belongs to Hottduck and has to be the cleanest MV I've seen. I'm sure if you PM him he can give you some info on it. Great truck. Cool thing for me was, I hadnt seen a M923 since I was in the Marines. I was lucky enough to have drove all 3 in the service

Attachments

harleyhouse

Cool and it makes people realize there are more collectible vehicles besides corvettes!

"I took my father to a show in Oakmont, Miles of vettes, only 7 trucks but none MV."

Nice post!

F18hornetM

We had several people surprised that we owned these and that they were not military. Also had a few ask why would we have these? Of course there are several good answers for that.

1, Because we can
2, Because they are way bigger than a hot rod
3, Because it brings attention to our troops
4, Because if we didnt have these, your children would be watching tv instead of running outside climbing on trucks.
just to mention a few:wink:
Actually everyone who asked questions were very nice, just curious.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks