• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck shut of due to no coolant.

dragonman

Location manager was told lower radiator hose was missing, not to let idle for extended periods. The truck was being prepped, to load the next day. Was started to build air and shut off after building air. No telling how many times it was started and moved this way. Do you think it would have done any damage to pistons or liners?

Attachments

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
It’s questionable. Building from empty tanks, it can take a while as there’s lots of storage volume. Never timed it, but an easy 3 minutes or more at base idle. Pistons and liners are not my primary concern, the head is.

The c12 head is a big weak point in regards to heat, they won’t tolerate hardly any overheating or they crack badly.

Add a tool to your collection, buy yourself a vacuum fill coolant tool and get the hose on, and try to vacuum fill the system with water. If it fills properly, you might be okay, if it refuses to fill, then you have a leak somewhere or a bad liner o ring, cracked head etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks