• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck Trouble

David_4x4

Think I have a developing problem with my M35A2. Went for a quick spin around the block and noticed some problems in the steering and different noises

First, when turning at lower speeds the truck now has a buck in the steering. This hasn't ever been here before and just noticed today. Turning left or right the steering just jumps around.

Secong problem I have noticed is that with this steering problem. I've gotten some air noise and clicks from behind/under the dash.

Does this have some to do with the airshift? Not quite sure if my problems are one in the same?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The steering problem sounds very much like the trouble one experiences with a sprag-equipped truck if you don't move the shifter through first. So, giving this only about 3 seconds thought, I'd say it might be related to your air shift.

However, I really haven't put much thought to this.

DD

acetomatoco

Do you have air assisted power steering? Do you have an air shift front axle engagement? If it is a sticky sprag you will have a big bang and things will be allright after that...or if you wanna, just jack up one of the front wheels and stand clear as you do it... I just back up and get on some wet grass and relieve the windup.... ACE

jwaller

sounds like your front diff is coming in and making it pull funny. pulling when engaged is normal. engaging when not told to do so not normal. repair the airshift switch and problem solved.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks