• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck won't move...

Carlo

To me this sound like ''Carlo" is correct and the converter is draining back . To check this - check the trans fluid level when it is warm and works fine , then let it sit a couple days and check it again . If the level rises the check ball in the valve body is letting it drain back. On older tranys they can get gummed up or get a piece of debris stuck in it but being a new trans whoever rebuilt it could have forgot it! To fix this you can ether drop the pan and fix the valve body or put a in line check valve in the trans cooler line! Let me know how it turns out!
Thanks Propower.. I asked him if the oil smelled burnt and he said no but it sounds like a burnt trans to me. If he had burnt disc's it would still move but slip or he would have reverse. I have seen bad case burnt turbo 400s but reverse always had something left. This sounds bad but as you said there might be some hope in the valve body. I hope for him but turbo 400s are cheap to rebuild. I learned the hard way teaching my self instead of paying a yahoo to do it wrong. Your up early ProPower!

wayne pick

View attachment 405137

How much snow do you have this year Wayne? I plow also for the province and some shopping malls here.
Hea Carlo, Just a few "storms" of less than 6" in my neck of the the woods. More up north, but nothing significant. I thought we were in for a harsh winter here as the squirrels were forraging like crazy, and the acorns were falling like rain in early fall.
The farmers use these events indicating a hard winter. How about you, any big storms? BTW, Great MAN plow rig. I could have used that truck two years ago when we got buried here with nor easters. They are coastal storms that can dump up to three or more feet of snow in a twenty four hour period.

Carlo

Hea Carlo, Just a few "storms" of less than 6" in my neck of the the woods. More up north, but nothing significant. I thought we were in for a harsh winter here as the squirrels were forraging like crazy, and the acorns were falling like rain in early fall.
The farmers use these events indicating a hard winter. How about you, any big storms? BTW, Great MAN plow rig. I could have used that truck two years ago when we got buried here with nor easters. They are coastal storms that can dump up to three or more feet of snow in a twenty four hour period.
Its been a few years since I really felt the motor on my MAN labour. Mostly salt this year. I did plow 2 times though. I have a Iveco 4x4 and a MB 4x4 truck plus a JD 644c loader (tried and true) along with my trusted MAN. I keeping hoping for a 1 meter blizzard! Keep in touch. I love to hear what the other plow men are doing.
Thanks
IMG_0815[1].jpgIMG_0902[1].jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks