• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trucking

Mad Max

Howdy, does any one know of a good trucking outfit to transport a m1009 from Camp Shelby, MS to Waukesha, WI or Fort Hood, TX to Waukesha, WI. Im looking for someone who has been on military posts before and used to doing this kind of stuff. Any help would be appreciated:deadhorse:

ARYankee

Well I used uShip and got a great bid but I won't have the final results until the 17th when it is delivered to me.

Mad Max

Thanks for all the help!!!

I havent purchased a m1009 yet, but I did call Ray Patton, and it sounds like he wants to haul the bigger stuff, however he might fit it in with something else. I will check with uship as well. All else fails I may make a road trip!!

Thanks for all the quick replies:beer:

camp9

I'm trying to buy one down there too, as well as a M931. Lets keep in touch in case we get something so we can share the ride to get them north.

Mad Max

fat lady sings Sounds like a plan, i hope im not bidding against you ??. I hate to drive up the price for no reason. Any ideas #414-406-2140, :shock:

greenjeepster

I have tried uship a few times and have always thought that the prices were way too high. For example my truck that is in SC right now I put on uship and got bids of 2650.00, 1850.00, and 1925.00 to move the truck 810 miles. I rejected all of them and called a broker and got quoted $925.00

Another benefit to a broker is they only deal with insured and bonded trucking companies. You accept a bid on Uship and you are just as likely to get Jim bob with his pickup and gooseneck trying to make a few bucks.

Last edited:

OverSizeHeavyHauler

Combined Transport, 1800-200-5623.
I used to pull Oversize loads for them before I went back to the railroad.

Dispatcher for the MS area was Gary.. they have RGN's so heighth wont be a problem, and they have a permit department. BUT said load will have to be running or have somebody there to help load it because the 5axle RGN units dont have power necks, all manual and no winch to help load.

When I asked how much to haul my 35A2 from Nashville to Memphis (home) they said it was on my way home and not out of route, so it didnt cost me a thing. BUT, when I asked to get a quote to take it out to Hundys for bob job, I think it was like $1.00/mile. I mean dont quote me on the price, but give em a shout.

ARYankee

Well my M1009 was delivered today! I used uShip. It was my first experience and I used a shipper with no feedback. It all worked out though. He was great!! He is active duty and stationed at Ft. Hood. He is from Michigan so he was heading that way for holiday leave and quoted a really nice price that was hard to turn away. I would definitely recommend him to anyone here. Here is a link to his uShip profile: dave hauling - Georgetown, Texas | Get Quotes for Transport

I have his number if anyone is interested, just pm me.

Mad Max

I got a m1009 and need to ship!!

Ok, I did get a M1009 from Camp Shelby, MS and need to ship to Waukesha,Wi 53188
I have found quite a few car haulers and prices are good let me know if any one has to ship so we can put together or has better transporter.:beer:

tbci

Equipment Tranporter, VERY familiar with MVs

We have the capabilities to recover most any MV from most any location and transport anywhere in the continental US. Have been recovering and hauling MV's from posts all across the nation since 2001 for our construction business and recently began offering our trucking capabilities for-hire.

Semi-truck with a 53' tri-axle step deck or a 60 ton lowboy for larger loads. Truck is 24V which helps with recoveries.

One ton P/U with 40' triple-tandem or 35' dual-tandem gooseneck for smaller loads. 35' trailer is set up with a hydraulic folding dove-tail and winch for recovery of non-running vehicles. I generally bring a set of hot batteries with me when recovering with my one-ton.

As a general rule of thumb; I always bring a couple gallons of engine oil, 5 gallons of water, 5 gallons of hydraulic oil, and a set of hand tools with me whenever I'm picking up a truck from GL.

Fully licensed & Insured. Apportioned for LA, TX, AR, OK, & MS but can permit nationwide.

$4.00/loaded mile for Semi-truck loads. Can haul up to 3 vehicles per load.
$2.75/loaded mile for Gooseneck loads. Can haul up to 2 vehicles per load.

Rates include my time for recovery. Any customer approved expenses in parts or materials will require re-imbursement upon delivery.

I currently have about 10 loads of our own equipment that I will be hauling from Joplin, MO to Alexandria, LA over the next month. Can pull loads going north on or near that route for $2.00/loaded mile-Semi-Truck, $1.25/loaded mile Gooseneck.

Michael Seeling
Twin Bridges Company, Inc.
318.792.2039 Cell
318.445.1692 Office

Attachments

greenjeepster

Call UTI Transport. they are a Broker and just got my deuce moved 800 miles for 1.25 a mile.

800-547-2053

The lowest quote I got from anybody else was almost double and I called several companies directly.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks