• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trucks on Ga sale

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
popup, to post pics form photobucket all you need to do is copy the contents of the box labeled "Img" into your post.
before you submit it will look something like this except it will not have (JUST AN EXAMPLE) in the middle.

poppop

They don't look nearly as good in person. They have been working in the sweet onion fields. non military side dump bodys with no on board hydralics. One salvage truck has a rear dump with its own hydralic system.

poppop

rebelauction.net Hazalhurst Ga. Most of the tires are 30%. The sale starts thursday, tomorrow, at 10am. The trucks will probably sell after lunch. All batterys are dead and I only heard one truck run. It sounded fine and they say all run good except for the three salvage trucks. One truck oes not have a radiator.

Desert Rat

Pop,

I wish I had known sooner. Dang I could use one!!!!! No matter the back end, heck I had some projects I could have gotten done with one of those babies!!!! Oh well.

poppop

High bidder got choice. $5300 took the unusual truck, maybe bigger than 5 ton and one five ton. Next bid was $4800 and took three. Next bid was $4000 and took 2. Next bid was 3000 and took the last 3 running trucks. High bid on the salvage trucks was $1000 and the bidder took all three. Four blown engines brought $450 and bidder took all. 12 nearly new 1100 20 military tires brought $112 each and bidder took all. Trans fer case $450 and transmission $225. I don't know what the 5 ton tractor brought. We left just after dark with a backhoe and a small tractor on my trailer for the one and a half hour trip home. The tractor probably sold around 11:00 PM and the sale probably lasted until 1:00 AM. All these prices are per truck times the number of trucks wanted

lacoda56

Maybe it's just me, but those prices for farm damaged trucks seems to be a bit out of line. A similar auction up here a year and a half back with 30 or 40 gas deuces and 3 five tons brought 4 to 6 hundred per deuce and $1100 to $3500 for the five tonners. They all ran! The previous owners were a bit upset but the buyers weren't complaining!

poppop

I agree with you. I maybe would have bought several for under $1000.00 with the hope of making a few bucks. The guys that bought them were sweet onion farmers and wanted them to haul onions from the field. The side dumps pour onions on a conveyor for grading. I thought that system had given way to plastic totes filled in the field, hauled on regular flatbed trucks, and dumped with rotating forklifts. I guess I was wrong.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks