• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

True weight of M35A3?

jpinst

I am headed off the the registration service this week. However, my WV title says my M35A3 gross weight is 20500 lbs! Can that be true?

Why have I ready elsewhere that the M35 weight 13500? Which one is it? I will have to pay road use fees based on the weight, and it does not qualify as historical vehicle here in the PRC.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the info I have found the M35A3 WO/W the curb weight should be 13,900 lbs and the gross vehicle weight is 18,900.

http://www.tpub.com/content/misc_manuals_2/TM-9-2320-386-10/TM-9-2320-386-100035.htm
And I would use that. Tell them the curb weight and the fact it's a maximum of 2.5 ton (5000 pound) cargo weight. When I registered most of mine, I listed the maximum I would be putting in them, which is 3000 pounds. So far, I haven't come close to maxing any of them out. If the DOT scales are open, I go over them, and get waved on.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an a3. The person I bought it from had it registered as a1967 because the original manufacture date was allowed to be used.
I did the same, my '97 M35A3 was an original "85 A2. Now it is a '85 A3. Look for the original registration number on the truck, I think I found mine on the inside of the glove box and drivers door.

captcarc

Thank you very much! I bought it a month ago in DC and drove it 1400 miles back to Dallas hitting 2 bases and collecting 125 signatures of troops and veterans. Next planned stops are Cannon AFB, Goodfellow AFB and bases in san Antonio. Here's a small plaque I wrote and made for the driver's side. I hope you can read it.

Points of Light.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks