• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trump plans to lift Obama-era ban on giving local police military equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

99nouns

Some may not think a deuce or similar vehicle is not a 'weapon', however, ANY ITEM your Uncle Sam has ever required an EUC for the purchaser to take possession is, by your Uncle's definition A WEAPON of military grade and functionality that Uncle DOES NOT want in the hands of an 'enemy'. PERIOD.

I must concur. Under the terms specified, you MUST surrender your MV(s) since they are WEAPONS.

Ala Forrest Gump, That's all I have to say about that.
Sir thank you for making us all a public enemy who owns military weaponry. I need another planet to move to.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm having a hard time recalling the last time I, a law abiding citizen, used anything I own in a manner that impacted someone elses rights.

Yeah, never.

I plan on keeping it that way.

I've said my part. We simply view rights differently. I'm for personal freedom across the board on a range of topics. I do agree that ones freedom shouldn't impact another's though. But mere ownership of a inanimate object doesn't violate anyone's peace. Maybe comfort, but that's it.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

99nouns

If your inanimated item is stolen and used to violate my rights, what responsibility are you willing to take for that, which is everyone and everything has vulnerability, only a heavily guarded military compaund will (not stop) but deter a criminal mind, no one is pointing fingers here, but I see a lack of security not on your part but your facility to safely harbour inanimated military assault mechanism which can animate in an almost unstoppable motion with devastating results.

99nouns

I just sometimes wish we could just go back to swords, arrows and spears until I look out my window and be thankful lean, mean, green military machine I am so glad and privilaged to be able to have...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If your inanimated item is stolen and used to violate my rights, what responsibility are you willing to take for that, which is everyone and everything has vulnerability, only a heavily guarded military compaund will (not stop) but deter a criminal mind, no one is pointing fingers here, but I see a lack of security not on your part but your facility to safely harbour inanimated military assault mechanism which can animate in an almost unstoppable motion with devastating results.
I will play your game.

Your truck has been stolen. The individual used it to ram through a crowd of people. The lunatic only had access to a small car before.

Therefore, you are liable under your logic for all those people.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just sometimes wish we could just go back to swords, arrows and spears until I look out my window and be thankful lean, mean, green military machine I am so glad and privilaged to be able to have...
So you would prefer a society where the physically strong can depredate on the physically weak, and the weak can do nothing about it?

The thing about firearms is the big ones and the little ones all become the same size..

99nouns

I will play your game.

Your truck has been stolen. The individual used it to ram through a crowd of people. The lunatic only had access to a small car before.

Therefore, you are liable under your logic for all those people.

I agree with your perspective, you are right if we play my game where as small car can be a weapon as well, but what about lets compare that to your APC with 50 cal stolen and goes into a same crowd shoots dozens of people and LEOs because they are amoured, even SWAT fails to stop the with casulty of 300 people if not more, you actually need a tank to counter that, where my truck can easily be stopped by thanks to a law abiding citizen like your self can pull out your 40 and put a well placed shot or two at a criminal sitting behind a thin glass.

99nouns

So you would prefer a society where the physically strong can depredate on the physically weak, and the weak can do nothing about it?

The thing about firearms is the big ones and the little ones all become the same size..
Thats where you band legions of good people help the opressed weak, isnt that what America doing in Afganistan or Iraq, trying to help the weak?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I agree with your perspective, you are right if we play my game where as small car can be a weapon as well, but what about lets compare that to your APC with 50 cal stolen and goes into a same crowd shoots dozens of people and LEOs because they are amoured, even SWAT fails to stop the with casulty of 300 people if not more, you actually need a tank to counter that, where my truck can easily be stopped by thanks to a law abiding citizen like your self can pull out your 40 and put a well placed shot or two at a criminal sitting behind a thin glass.
You've not paid attention to recent events.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DO NOTs:
• Do not post or link to material that is considered sexually explicit, profane, hateful, lewd, threatening, abusive, defamatory, or otherwise inappropriate for a family viewing of the website. (this includes using the F-bomb in your posts)
• Do not post Copyrighted material without permission.
• Do not post material that is intended to bait others to a conflict.
• Do not post material that you know contains a virus or other malicious software.
• Do not post pro or anti-religious (unless in the Chaplain’s Corner) or pro or anti-political material
• Do not post Zombie, bug out, SHTF, EMP, Political or any similar threads.
• Do not post any threads about insurance. Read the Insurance Stickies in the major forums
• Do not post threads to inflict debate over Law Enforcement's access to armored vehicles. (This always leads to needless debate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks