• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Try Using U-Ship to Move MVs

1qwkgoat

I used U-ship to find the Guy that I had haul my deuce from Iowa to my house. Just like with buying anything online, you have to use your better judgement before you send the person money, or allow them to haul you goods

bevanet

I've used u-ship for 2 trucks and several smaller items. The "deposit" that they charge when you accept a bid is not as much a deposit as it is their fee. The hauler told me he only gets the amount you pay when the load is done and u-ship keeps the rest. Anyway I keep all their names and if I need something again I will post on u-ship to see what the market is, then see if one of the shippers I used before wants the job. They are usually happy to take it since they get the whole price.

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The u-ship program seems to work very well, we listed some parts the Navy donated for rebuilding a LARC-V for Sea Cadet use, and found six bidders almost overnight. The winning bidder is a broker, but the hauler is a reputable major company. The broker had contacted the depot in Gulfport before I could even let them know about it. The parts ship this coming week and will be here either Christmas eve, or the day after. Can't beat that, and the price was alot less than we could do it our selves, or rent a truck and do it either. The officers of our "Group" seem to be happy so far.

Bretsuaz48

Like any purchase, you need to be careful regardless of who you use. I don't really trust U-Ship because I don't know much about shipping. With U-ship you just need to make sure they have all of their licenses and insurance. I used a broker for my Deuce and it couldn't have gone any better. They used a shipper they had a relationship with.

I have heard some scary stories about U-ship.

rwoods

I find it hit and miss like eBay can be. Like Jake0147 said its a tool, one of many.
Agree completely. Before I knew of SS, I spent two weeks on U-Ship trying to get a deuce moved. I found U-Ship when I googled M35A3. Long story short: Two classes of bids: Clearly too high and cheaper than it should be. The cheaper than it should be class consisted of folks with a pickup and trailer (read - probably overweight, no commerical insurance and litte experience) or backhauls. All of the backhaulers shot straight with me as I did with them. Unfortunately, GL schedule, height limitations (truck had a high top), and contingencies such as truck might not start and GL doesn't load , killed each potential deal. Not having time to kill and not wanting to waste the time of good folks who don't know what they are committing to, I now ask a SS member first. If we can't deal then on to U-Ship. Unless you are sharing a ride or can catch a SS member on a backhaul, you should not expect the SS member to match or beat all U-Ship bids you received. :-D Ron Woods

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks