• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trying a slightly different Wiper Blade Approach

Amxhunter

Though I would slap this on and give it a try.

Just took the Adapter off the end of the arm.

Bought a 11-1 Exact Fit Blade , about $7. Could have easily gone with a 13

On the blade attachment, broke off the little tab in the center.

Placed the slotted end of the arm into the grooved section of the attachment.

Used the stock screw, and fed it in backwards. My only concern is that it might be a tad short. I think the screw is either 4-40 or 6-32. Might replace it with a slightly longer one and put a locknut on the other side.

For right now , just going with the one wiper to see how it does. Worst case is it falls off :(

Attachments

chuck500cc

How good does it work and how does it look on the truck? This is solid gold for me on my next truck(M35). Great pics, let's see the end result.

Amxhunter

Re: RE: Trying a slightly different Wiper Blade Approach

chuck500cc said:
How good does it work and how does it look on the truck? This is solid gold for me on my next truck(M35). Great pics, let's see the end result.

Will do. Expecting rain this week so may get to try it out :)

ida34

RE: Re: RE: Trying a slightly different Wiper Blade Approach

One of the reasons to do the arm change the lack of tension the old system provides. The universal replacement arms put more pressure on the window with the blade. This combined with the newer type of blade both combine to make a better system. You have addressed one issue but it looks like you did not address the other. I think it will still be better then stock but you would see a much better result with the new arms.

kurtkds

I took some hints from the tech article and what you did when it came to my wipers.

BTW the universal wiper arm part #60-750 from napa has been discontinued according to my local napa but they did have 23 of them in the warehouse.

So this is what I ended up doing.

First thing I did was remove the stamped bracket, then I removed the plastic retainer clip on the underside of the wiper arm.

I then ground down the adjustable arm end to fit into the slot on the underside of the wiper blade bracket, once I got them to fit snugly I removed the stainless bracket from the blade assembly and TIG welded it to the wiper arm assembly.
Followed up with buffing and painting the wiper arm.

Attachments