• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trying to figure out what PO did

JR Scout

My Goat was originally surplused to a municipality that used it for beach trash pick up. I'm trying to make sure that there were no workarounds done that are going to cause me problems in the end. I know the bilge pump is gone, but I'm not brave enough to try to swim at this point anyway.

The two attached pictures show the drivers side of the engine around the dipstick and fuel filter. You will note a shiny unpainted bracket that makes me wonder what might have been originally attached there, and if it was important. There is also a section of fuel/air/hydraulic line that is unattached at either end flopping around, a piece of braided fabric line capped off, and an assembly of what looks like two sensors for oil or fuel that is held in place by hard lines going in and out, but otherwise not secured to anything. The small line on the front end is broken off in the picture but has since been reattached. I have watched this with the engine running, and there is no fluid coming out that I can see or smell. Oil and antifreeze are clean.

Again, just trying to make sure I don't break anything by running it as-is.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

m38inmaine

Nothing attaches to the top of the bracket, just the bottom. The devices attached to the bottom are part of the cold start system, looks like one line is disconnected from it on the left. That third large line that comes away from the engine I don't see that line on my engine. The braided lines are also part of the cold start.

combat32

That hard line that is disconnected in your second pic looks like an extra fuel return line, looks like they bypassed it and plummed in another, anything connected on the other end of it?I agree with mark on first pic, nothing missing there.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks