• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trying to find a thread I read earlier about Deuce build

Kharville

I am trying to find a Deuce build thread I read earlier. The poster had an awesomely clean Deuce build with different color nylon lines installed for air, fuel and vent. Anyone know the build I a referring to? They had used blue, red, yellow etc. to distinguish the different uses.

Kharville

Replacing copper tubing with DOT poly air hose is the name of the thread
It probably was him. I like reading his posts. I checked the one above. However, the one I am looking for was the one with a bunch of photos and people bragging about how clean the install was. Maybe he will respond.

rustystud

Yea most people were pushing the Synflex years ago. My.02 switch now and then.
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?24624-More-fuel-line-help&highlight=synflex+furl+line
They might have been talking about it, but I did it ;-) .
I don't remember which thread that was. I have posted so many now about the different hoses I've used I lost track of them. Sorry.
I do know I used "green" poly hose for the vents, "black" for the air-lines, and the fuel hoses were the PTFE stainless steel wrapped hose. I then used "blue" silicone hose for all my water lines. Then "Black" silicone hose for the air induction system. It was very colorful and after Chris (Gimpyrobb) teased me about it, I decided to paint everything OD green.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter

You and I are so funny. Cranetruck and Will along with others did it alone time ago on there trucks on SS and it's been done ever since Synflex came out by others to there :cool: Icarus. Funny back when I joined SS we did no post that may pictures. Nice to have the new computer phones now. Good thing people take the time to take pics these days as it does help others.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?11330-Fuel-system-ferrules/page3&highlight=Synflex

Last edited:

Kharville

Somebody had done their emergency air line in red, service air line in blue, fuel return lines in yellow, etc. It was 4-5 colors. It looked like a rainbow from their photos.:)

rustystud

rustystud

You and I are so funny. Cranetruck and Will along with others did it alone time ago on there trucks on SS and it's been done ever since Synflex came out by others to there :cool: Icarus. Funny back when I joined SS we did no post that may pictures. Nice to have the new computer phones now. Good thing people take the time to take pics these days as it does help others.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?11330-Fuel-system-ferrules/page3&highlight=Synflex
Come on Floridianson give me a break ! I still get credit for being the first to use PTFE stainless steel hose. Actually I believe I am the first to "totally" remove all the copper hoses from a truck. Still don't know if that was a good idea or not considering all the money I spent.

Kharville

Are you sure ? I looked at the whole post and never saw any pictures of all the service lines and emergency lines and such you where talking about. There was a lot of different colored wires in one picture. You still need to find the correct thread. After all you put us through we deserve it ! LOL !!!!
Start at post #117 in the link I gave. He begins describing the vent lines ,etc. and pictures follow in the next few posts. I don't want to leave you hanging....

Last edited by a moderator:

rustystud

Start at post #117 in the link I gave. He begins describing the vent lines ,etc. and pictures follow in the next few posts. I don't want to leave you hanging....

A yellow and blue hose ? That's it ? You promised more colors then that !!! To think I just wasted how many minutes of my life for a yellow and blue hose !! rofl

Last edited:

jbayer

A yellow and blue hose ? That's it ? You promised more colors then that !!! To think I just wasted how many minutes of my life for a yellow and blue hose !! rofl
Kharville said:

I am trying to find a Deuce build thread I read earlier. The poster had an awesomely clean Deuce build with different color nylon lines installed for air, fuel and vent. Anyone know the build I a referring to? They had used blue, red, yellow etc. to distinguish the different uses.
Bonedoc said, as quoted from his post # 107: I used Blue DOT nylon airline for all service lines. Red airline for my emergency gladhand line. And finally yellow airline for my vent lines.

rustystud, Guess you didn't see the red hoses Bonedoc talked about in his post #107, and showed in his post #119. I wasted no minutes, but used two minutes. Just sayin.

Last edited:

rustystud

Kharville said:

Bonedoc said, as quoted from his post # 107: I used Blue DOT nylon airline for all service lines. Red airline for my emergency gladhand line. And finally yellow airline for my vent lines.

rustystud, Guess you didn't see the red hoses Bonedoc talked about in his post #107, and showed in his post #119. I wasted no minutes, but used two minutes. Just sayin.
First off he said it was after post #117 not post #107 . Second, didn't you see the little rolling guy ? That comment was suppose to be sarcasm. Really guys, don't get so literal about everything. Take time to laugh and enjoy life. It is short enough as it is.

Last edited by a moderator: